Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Div

      Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

      We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Poet of the Macabre

Dunfermline Athletic vs Greenock Morton

Recommended Posts

I've said before that regardless of fans' views on him, the only wayJohansson won't start next season as our manager is a Raith level collapse into the relegation battle. Even if that doesn't happen - it really can't be ruled out - if we routinely capitulate to three or four goal pumpings I'm feeling that even our ridiculously patient board will have to conclude that he can't survive the season.

Losing games like this by one or two goals while also winning games like QoS is the sign of a mediocre, inconsistent team destined for 6th or 7th, troubling neither promotion or relegation while having both surprisingly good and surprisingly bad results. Losing games like this by three and routinely collapsing after going behind is the sign of a manager who doesn't have a clue what he's doing and won't know how to stop it if we go into a spiral of bad results. Maybe it'll turn out that the transfer market is the making of him as a manager and we'll be less of a shambles after the window, but right now the Raith style collapse looks considerably more likely.

After 13 games, Johansson has already presided over five appalling results. He's done absolutely nothing to suggest he has the attributes to be a football manager and unless that changes very soon, it's a question of when he's sacked rather than if. Our next four games are Dundee United, Falkirk, ICT and Partick; in the entirely realistic scenario that we take less than five points from that he's in huge trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Better. Should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half. Happy Faiss finally got his goal.

We sat off second half and a better side may have punished us but Morton are an absolute gang and never looked like scoring.

Keena and Muirhead  did well and midfield had a bit more control, even if we did start just lumping it long in classic shitebag fashion.

Hopefully we can go on a run now and begin reeling in the sides above us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain why at two goals up we sat back and lumped long balls up?

Despite playing well we suddenly said f**k this let’s go back to how we played against Falkirk.

Morton brought on Telfer and from then on we were dire. They deserved a goal tbh.

We should have just kept possession and frustrated Morton but instead we invited pressure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Can anyone explain why at two goals up we sat back and lumped long balls up?

Despite playing well we suddenly said f**k this let’s go back to how we played against Falkirk.

Morton brought on Telfer and from then on we were dire. They deserved a goal tbh.

We should have just kept possession and frustrated Morton but instead we invited pressure.

We deserved f**k all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Can anyone explain why at two goals up we sat back and lumped long balls up?

Despite playing well we suddenly said f**k this let’s go back to how we played against Falkirk.

Morton brought on Telfer and from then on we were dire. They deserved a goal tbh.

We should have just kept possession and frustrated Morton but instead we invited pressure.

Agree with most of this apart from Morton deserving a goal. They were most certainly lucky to get nil.

I think the negativity in the second half probably was a lack of confidence and a bit of fear. We thoroughly deserved the win and should have scored more in the first half but the players have the scars from previous games and it hurt the performance in the second period.

But most importantly we won and have another winnable game at Partick Thistle next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morton brought on Telfer and from then on we were dire. They deserved a goal tbh.
We should have just kept possession and frustrated Morton but instead we invited pressure.


Genuine question, did Morton even take a single shot at goal in the second half? Only attempt I can remember was Robinson saving a deflected effort in the first 10 mins. I thought about this when laughing at the BBC match report claiming Morton dominated for the whole second half, then noticed their stats mentioned 1 attempt on goal all game.

Based on the fact they made no attempt to even score, I really can’t agree that they deserved a goal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morton did come into it in the second half but we sat off them which I think was just a confidence thing. I thought Morton had a fairly good shout for a penalty in the first half, other than that didn’t really deserve anything out the game. Has Johansen really got a 2 year deal despite this being his first gig? You could always punt him and get Jim Jeffries I’m so you don’t have to change the letters on his coat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I thought Morton had a fairly good shout for a penalty in the first half,

Eh? They were barely near the box, never mind should have had a pen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Eh? They were barely near the box, never mind should have had a pen.

we were 1-0 up at the front post both our defender and their player went down I though we had him by the arm, obviously I didn't have the best view but I thought it was worth a shout. Also Morton fans was it a pass back you all had the best view mid way in the second half?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:38, Dunning1874 said:

Losing games like this by one or two goals while also winning games like QoS is the sign of a mediocre, inconsistent team destined for 6th or 7th, troubling neither promotion or relegation while having both surprisingly good and surprisingly bad results. Losing games like this by three and routinely collapsing after going behind is the sign of a manager who doesn't have a clue what he's doing and won't know how to stop it if we go into a spiral of bad results.

Even if JJ gets papped oot for being a basketcase of a manager he's still young enough, and with enough of a playing and coaching pedigree to get another gig somewhere and maybe would have learnt a bit of go on to be a half decent manager. He might even yet get it sorted while at Cappielow but, highlighting the bit in bold, his assistant has over 300+ league games in management and was fairly successful in that time. If nothing else ye'd expect him to be a bit of a calming influence. What's he doing there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Even if JJ gets papped oot for being a basketcase of a manager he's still young enough, and with enough of a playing and coaching pedigree to get another gig somewhere and maybe would have learnt a bit of go on to be a half decent manager. He might even yet get it sorted while at Cappielow but, highlighting the bit in bold, his assistant has over 300+ league games in management and was fairly successful in that time. If nothing else ye'd expect him to be a bit of a calming influence. What's he doing there?

Agent Houstie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Adam101 said:

we were 1-0 up at the front post both our defender and their player went down I though we had him by the arm, obviously I didn't have the best view but I thought it was worth a shout. Also Morton fans was it a pass back you all had the best view mid way in the second half?

Nah, no chance. Guy didn't even appeal.

I couldn't believe people called for the pass back either; how on Earth could you be certain that was deliberate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×