Dunfermline Athletic vs Greenock Morton

Must win for the Pars. 

We're currently closer to the bottom than the top four and will be eight points adrift of Morton if we lose this. We need to rack up a lot of points over December/January if we're to get back in the hunt for the play-off spots and, subsequently, for AJ to keep his job.

I believe he should already have gone but a loss here would *surely* force the Board to take action. Our home record is utterly woeful this season - four points from 21 available - and we've already lost seven games this season, despite only losing nine in the whole of the last campaign.

Don't know what to expect from the Ton. Hopefully Peterhead take them to penalties midweek and we can take advantage.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking forward to this, will be a poisonous atmosphere and also no Higgy.

We are really there for the taking, Morton just need to go for it from the kickoff.

Part of me wants a drubbing and a resultant protest but it will probably be like the previous games. Lose a goal despite dominating and fans just sneak away.

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Easy five nil win for the Pars here. Totally out of nowhere moment. Fez to bag 3, Ashcroft and an oggy.

“.......and next week, how to nail jelly to the ceiling.......”

Must win for the Pars. 
We're currently closer to the bottom than the top four and will be eight points adrift of Morton if we lose this. We need to rack up a lot of points over December/January if we're to get back in the hunt for the play-off spots and, subsequently, for AJ to keep his job.
I believe he should already have gone but a loss here would *surely* force the Board to take action. Our home record is utterly woeful this season - four points from 21 available - and we've already lost seven games this season, despite only losing nine in the whole of the last campaign.
Don't know what to expect from the Ton. Hopefully Peterhead take them to penalties midweek and we can take advantage.

Should’ve let Peterhead in on your wish list, they’ve only gone and taken it to a replay instead.

Literally anything could happen here, 0-0 or 1-1 would surprise me the least. I can’t remember the last time we outplayed Dunfermline, but I distinctly remember walking away at full time saying “we’ve robbed them” at least twice in the last year or two.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We are really there for the taking, Morton just need to go for it from the kickoff.

Part of me wants a drubbing and a resultant protest but it will probably be like the previous games. Lose a goal despite dominating and fans just sneak away.

Is Higgy really that big a loss? I'd agree he's one of our better players when he's at it but hasn't really kicked anything but a few water bottles so far.

I fully expect this to be an absolutely dreadful game played in baltic conditions.

Just now, MonEhTon said:

Should’ve let Peterhead in on your wish list, they’ve only gone and taken it to a replay instead.

Literally anything could happen here, 0-0 or 1-1 would surprise me the least. I can’t remember the last time we outplayed Dunfermline, but I distinctly remember walking away at full time saying “we’ve robbed them” at least twice in the last year or two.

Probably either in the year we got relegated when the club was collapsing or during the year you won League One.

Also, I know it went to a replay - that's why I want them to take it to penalties ;)

I don't think Morton going for it right from kick off would help tbf, part of the reason why we're so dross at home compared to away is that we seem to find it utterly impossible to break teams down that are happy to sit deep. Teams are more likely to be a bit more attacking playing at home and it allows us to hit on the counter more. 

If Morton come, play tight and compact for the first half then gradually open up through the second at worst they'll probably get a draw, but as Qots found out along with Falkirk... 

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Why?

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think Morton going for it right from kick off would help tbf, part of the reason why we're so dross at home compared to away is that we seem to find it utterly impossible to break teams down that are happy to sit deep. Teams are more likely to be a bit more attacking playing at home and it allows us to hit on the counter more. 

If Morton come, play tight and compact for the first half then gradually open up through the second at worst they'll probably get a draw, but as Qots found out along with Falkirk... 

Would imagine that's exactly what we will do.

JJ has played 532/352 that last 5-6 matches but with Oliver picking up what sounds like a serious injury it could be back to a 433/451 with McHugh up top himself but then we don't really have the natural wide men to play 5 across the middle, only really Ross Maclean and Tiffoney ( god forbid)  can play there and they are injured.

Unless of course , he starts Robert Thomson. up top alongside Bob....

Jan window can't come quick enough!

We should have won the game at Cappielow but we decided to waste our dominance and throw away a goal. I was stunned to see how much possession we got in that game.

We'll probably get beat here and suffer another week of putting up with AJ. Our home form is frighteningly bad. 

Nor do we. Could win 3-0, lose 3-0 or see another shit game like yesterday.

An Inverness fan was the last to say that before a game at EEP earlier on this season..

Archived