Raith v Airdrie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, AFC1878 said:

I thought we had a right good chance going into the game today but ultimately we bottled it.

You didn’t bottle it for about 50 mins you had most of the ball but at the end of the day you faced a better team who are clinical at finishing chances

Those goals are f**king atrocious from our pov. 

Page at the first does nothing to stop the scorer.  The goalie is easily beat.   Bit the worst culprit is Crighton. 

I'm looking for him to cover his team mate.   Instead he's dancing at the edge of the box.

At the 2nd, Page is again easily beaten and again Crighton is dancing as the scorer runs behind him.  And McDonald's awkward left footed wave at the ball instead of going with his right.

We're losing these stupid goals every game.   Page, Crighton and McDonald are beyond useless.

Just watched the highlights.

Criminal for Hutton to lose that goal at his near post. I know some people like him, but I'm just not sold on him as our first choice 'keeper. 

Second goal was all about Buchanan wanting it more. We had the bodies, just not the desire. 

It's actually quite difficult to make a case for much of that team.  The defence is slow and ponderous. Crighton and Page should be solid enough at this level but they're being continually found out. The midfield lacks any real quality and our "best" ball playing midfielder (Conroy) plays well in about one in six games. Scott Stewart has gone backwards at an alarming rate of knots - sometimes he looks like George Weah's cousin. Duffy has scored goals wherever he's been but whether it be though poor service or that he's on the downslope, he's just not firing on all cylinders for us. Carrick is all endeavour but he's got no end product.

I really don't envy Murray's task, there's really not one position where he could say "he's a certain starter" every week. Hope he's got a full deck of aces up his sleeve come January.

Those goals are f**king atrocious from our pov. 
Page at the first does nothing to stop the scorer.  The goalie is easily beat.   Bit the worst culprit is Crighton. 
I'm looking for him to cover his team mate.   Instead he's dancing at the edge of the box.
At the 2nd, Page is again easily beaten and again Crighton is dancing as the scorer runs behind him.  And McDonald's awkward left footed wave at the ball instead of going with his right.
We're losing these stupid goals every game.   Page, Crighton and McDonald are beyond useless.

After yesterday Crighton and page should’ve been handed their P45s both of them are utter rank rotten,you could’ve got two fans out the stand to play center half better than those diddys!!

5 minutes ago, Spanish Armada said:

After yesterday Crighton and page should’ve been handed their P45s both of them are utter rank rotten,you could’ve got two fans out the stand to play center half better than those diddys!!

Crighton's wife was giving the boo boys at h/t a right mouthful.  "This does my f**kin heid in"

Aye, we'll pay our £16 that pays for your xmas and holidays and we'll shut up cos you're precious.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

Crighton's wife was giving the boo boys at h/t a right mouthful.  "This does my f**kin heid in"

Aye, we'll pay our £16 that pays for your xmas and holidays and we'll shut up cos you're precious.

I once had Stevie Hislops dad shout at me once after I had given it the usual “That’s fucking shite Hislop”

John Hislop: ”Oi, that’s my son you’re shouting about...”

Me: “and? He’s still pish!!”

4 minutes ago, Wardy said:

I once had Stevie Hislops dad shout at me once after I had given it the usual “That’s fucking shite Hislop”

In fairness I wasn't  getting involved, she scared the shit out of me.

I had an absolute rip roarer once with Kevin (best pals with Kevin Thomson) McDonalds family during the ill fated Kenny Black management era, that was quite funny.

And a couple of weeks ago I got the shake of the head from Chris O'Neils dad (I think) because I dared to criticise them going 2 down against East Fife.

Hopefully Crichton's wife has heard enough and stays away, and keeps Sean with her.

12 hours ago, Wardy said:

Hislop unfollowed me on Twitter after I said about him resembling the boy off the diet coke advert. 

He actually did but he must have thought that I was talking the piss. 

Bit touchy, like. 

Archived