Raith v Airdrie

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

It is a boost just a shame he's not too good with crosses

Ill get my coat.

Just as long as he makes Rovers rise again. 

ETA If he scores 2 today the Airdrie keeper won't see the second coming.

Just as long as they don't come back from the dead.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We shooting into the away end first half?
Yes. Gillespie just had a great chance after a lapse in defence. Incredible that there's only been one goal so far.

Incidentally, the ref has twice intercepted a Rovers pass, and now just bodychecked Armstrong as he went to collect an overhit cross. It's a bold officiating strategy!

Until the second went in, Airdrie were the better side, but since then it's been one way traffic. Rovers spraying it about with gay abandon. Disappointed not to get the third before half time, because there were a couple of great chances.

In similar fashion to the one Gillespie had cleared off the line last week, there was a lengthy passing move, with lots of brilliant interplay, that finished up scraping the far post.

It was looking really good for us early on with Arbroath being behind but they've just won 5-2 and have stretched the goal-difference advantage even further.

Seems like a good performance from Raith, I guess all we can do is keep the pressure on Arbroath and hope they hit a sticky patch.

Left after about 70 minutes for a night out and evidently didn't miss very much. Really. Good result for us considering Airdrie were in form. We were unlucky not to get three or four in the first half. Grant Gillespie is some boy, and I'd not be too bothered if we keep him at right back. If he'd scored his chance it would've been one of the most well worked goals we'd have scored in recent years.

Archived