Raith v Airdrie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Actually used to feel sorry for that guy, when we were winning folk were all happy enough to join in, when he tried to get an atmosphere going if we were getting beat however it was "stick your fucking trumpet up yer arse!" :(:lol: 

It was a bit of a shame to be fair. 

Last thing you wanted to hear when we were a goal or two down and playing pish though!

14 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It was a bit of a shame to be fair. 

Last thing you wanted to hear when we were a goal or two down and playing pish though!

Pretty sure he'd do it when players were taking corners and free kicks as well. Boy's concentrating, lining it up, taking his run up, swinging his leg through then... PAAAAARRRRRRP

Like me with my airhorn during Hamish French's penalty. 
Now there's an 'instrument' I'd encourage being brought to the Rovers end. 
Atmosphere in a can. 

What a couple of minutes that was. Ally Graham putting us one up, Dunfermline being awarded a penalty 60 seconds later, and Scott Thomson saving it.

If your air horn played any kind of part in one of my favourite footballing moments, then thank you.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

What a couple of minutes that was. Ally Graham putting us one up, Dunfermline being awarded a penalty 60 seconds later, and Scott Thomson saving it.

If your air horn played any kind of part in one of my favourite footballing moments, then thank you.

I blasted it on his run up so aye, I'm taking part credit for the miss!

Some atmosphere at that game. One of the best Rovers crowds I've been in. 

This game is sort of key to our season.

We've changed dramatically just by becoming competent.   But the big question is:   what have we actually beaten?   Stranraer and Dumbarton were essentially dung.   East Fife were possibly for real, but we need this game to confirm or deny if we're back on track.

If we're underwhelming, the past 3 weeks are a mirage and we still have a lot to do.

If we perform well and compete, ok, we're going in the right direction but it'll take time.

Win convincingly, and we can really get excited

7 hours ago, liam_barnett said:

Airdrie fans in McDermid Stand tomorrow, this article also suggests that the Raith Suite is open for public use despite the earlier article about hospitality - http://www.raithrovers.net/37618/match-preview-airdrie-home-2.htm

Thanks for info and not being a local am I correct to say that is the behind the goals "North" stand? I do like  Val McDermid as a writer and singer so hope it is a sad ballad for her tomorrow. I actually have no idea which of our performances will be on show.

8 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Thanks for info and not being a local am I correct to say that is the behind the goals "North" stand? I do like  Val McDermid as a writer and singer so hope it is a sad ballad for her tomorrow. I actually have no idea which of our performances will be on show.

That's correct - you're behind the goals.

1 hour ago, DestroyedByMadness said:

We've changed dramatically just by becoming competent.   But the big question is:   what have we actually beaten?   Stranraer and Dumbarton were essentially dung.   East Fife were possibly for real, but we need this game to confirm or deny if we're back on track.

If we're underwhelming, the past 3 weeks are a mirage and we still have a lot to do.

If we perform well and compete, ok, we're going in the right direction but it'll take time.

Winning 4-2 from 2-0 down shows a lot of character against a decent East Fife side. 

Don't think any Rovers supporter expects an easy ride tomorrow. 

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there. While we have won the last three in the two home games that I seen we were still unconvincing for good periods of the game.

Weekly Audio Interview with John McGlynn ahead of today's match. 

An intriguing match; I fancied Airdrieonians pre-season to be up there challenging and unfortunately, that hasn't fully happened to date. The appointment of Ian Murray seems like sound move and that sets up this afternoon's match perfectly. 

McGlynn talks about threats the Diamonds pose, such as Dale Carrick, Leighton McIntosh and Joao Vitoria: a great couple of options to choose from, especially when you see the experienced spine of Hutton, Crighton-Page, Gallagher-Wilkie and Carrick-Duffy. Then you add into the mix Scott Robertson, Kieran Millar and Ryan Conroy, alongside youngsters Cammy Russell, Scott Stewart and Dean Cairns, it provides a really strong and balanced squad and one I feel will continue rising up the division. 

For Raith, it must be a big boost to get Christ Duggan and more so, Grant Gillespie, back into match action to boost the numbers around the squad. The new deal for Nisbet and the signing of Armstrong will have given yous a boost in recent times and you'll be hoping to keep that momentum building at Stark's Park come 3pm. 

Good luck to both teams - I'd anticipate a good, open, end-to-end match and hopefully a reasonable crowd! 

Archived