Raith v Airdrie

Is the Raith Suite open on Saturday for pints before the match or is it Hospitality? (I can’t remember if it was this game or the Dumbarton game that was being advertised for the Hospitality). Cheers in advance.
Will post drivel later in the week regarding the match ha!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WSDR 88 said:

Is the Raith Suite open on Saturday for pints before the match or is it Hospitality? (I can’t remember if it was this game or the Dumbarton game that was being advertised for the Hospitality). Cheers in advance.
Will post drivel later in the week regarding the match ha!

If you want a pre-match drink in the Raith Suite you'll need to book your seat - £65 though.

Capture.PNG

Expecting a very hard game here. 

Our defence is no better than it was when Airdrie were tearing it to bits last time. That's been a real disappointment to me this year, given how stingy we were at the back for large spells last year. Our full back situation, temporarily improved with the signing of Crane is back to being troublesome and I suspect we'll see the just returned Grant Gillespie shoehorned back in there this week.  The centre back pairing of Davidson and Benedictus doesn't seem to work particularly well. Each man individually is good at their task but as a unit it simply isn't working.

Our forward play I suspect will be a bit more fluent with Armstrong in place of Milne, and Duggan available again (who helped give us presence when he came on last time). Hoping that the confidence of 6 goals in our last two games will (albeit 3 against league 2 opposition) will keep the run going. Goes without saying that Nisbet is a real goal threat.

Still though, Murray will have tightened that Airdrie team up. Last time out, the Airdrie defence looked like bambi on ice. I tend to think we might have grabbed an equaliser before we did had Davidson not lost the plot (and we'd have gone on to lose 3-2) but once Buchanan had pounce don an individual error to make it 3-2, the arse fell out of them. That won't happen under Ian Murray, I don't think.

Our title pretensions are looking fairly dim at the moment. Arbroath's run to date is not just good by their standards but is excellent by the standards of many past winners of this league. We need any kind of win here just to hang on. 

I just wonder who the target for the Airdrie hit-men will be, with Lewis not being there has to be Nibet or one of the two wide men. Will we get protection from the officials I doubt it.
OK, I'll bite....

I really hope Airdrie get some protection from the officials this weekend due to being the most powderpuff team in the league having amassed the least disciplinary points._20181129_063851.JPG

3 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

OK, I'll bite....

I really hope Airdrie get some protection from the officials this weekend due to being the most powderpuff team in the league having amassed the least disciplinary points.

Where have all the boot boys gone, come to think of it?

Where have all the boot boys gone, come to think of it?
I spoke about that on Saturday with the guy in front of me, this is one of the most powder puff teams I've ever seen.
If they keep winning, great. But there's no-one really in that squad that when the going gets tough, they'll fight dirty.

15 hours ago, steakngravy said:

I just wonder who the target for the Airdrie hit-men will be, with Lewis not being there has to be Nibet or one of the two wide men. Will we get protection from the officials I doubt it.

I think you are confusing Airdrie with Arbroath who made sure they took lewis Vaughan out. 

After crocking him three times in the game at Stark's Park they won't have to worry about him for at least 6 months.

2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

I think you are confusing Airdrie with Arbroath who made sure they took lewis Vaughan out. 

After crocking him three times in the game at Stark's Park they won't have to worry about him for at least 6 months.

Why always me boohoo

12 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Suggestion at the Q&A tonight that something similar return was met with much derision. 

Actually used to feel sorry for that guy, when we were winning folk were all happy enough to join in, when he tried to get an atmosphere going if we were getting beat however it was "stick your fucking trumpet up yer arse!" :(:lol: 

Archived