• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Tough old game as Airdrie look to have really improved under Murray, and despite their efforts yesterday I don't see Stenny doing us any favours. 

That said, we probably have to win. 

3 hours ago, Rio 2 said:

Bubbles could be burst......

That ship sailed years ago.

hqdefault.jpg

56 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

That ship sailed years ago.

hqdefault.jpg

Was thinking more West Ham kinda bubbles.........

1 minute ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Is there a parent and child gate at raith?
Thinking of making this the wee mans first ever away game!

Season 2018-2019
Season Ticket Prices*
All Stands Adult  £250
Senior Citizen (Over 65)  £135
Student (proof required)  £160
Disabled (proof of status required) £135
Junior (Under 16) £50
Standard Gate Admission Prices**
All Stands Adult £15
Parent & Child  £20
Junior (Under 16) £8
Senior Citizen (Over 65) £8
College/Uni Concession (only available for non-ticketed matches)
(proof of status req)
£10
Disability & Carer Concession (Disabled person, Carer = FREE) £8

Concession tickets must be purchased at the ticket office for Home and Away fans.

*2018/19 season tickets will give access to all Raith Rovers 1st team SPFL League 1 matches and SPFL Reserve League East matches at Stark’s Park, with the exception of any SPFL playoffs and Cup ties.

**Ticket prices may vary. Please check the Match Information article for prices for particular matches, which will appear on www.raithrovers.net the day before the match

Season 2018-2019
Season Ticket Prices*
All Stands Adult  £250
Senior Citizen (Over 65)  £135
Student (proof required)  £160
Disabled (proof of status required) £135
Junior (Under 16) £50
Standard Gate Admission Prices**
All Stands Adult £15
Parent & Child  £20
Junior (Under 16) £8
Senior Citizen (Over 65) £8
College/Uni Concession (only available for non-ticketed matches)
(proof of status req)
£10
Disability & Carer Concession (Disabled person, Carer = FREE) £8
Concession tickets must be purchased at the ticket office for Home and Away fans.
*2018/19 season tickets will give access to all Raith Rovers 1st team SPFL League 1 matches and SPFL Reserve League East matches at Stark’s Park, with the exception of any SPFL playoffs and Cup ties.
**Ticket prices may vary. Please check the Match Information article for prices for particular matches, which will appear on www.raithrovers.net the day before the match
Much obliged.

Onto the game.
Arguable this is Murrays biggest test yet, in the fact that he's now got his stamp on the team and the fitness levels are up massively. Are Raith still unbeaten in the league at home?
I don't imagine we'll change too much and I'd still be happy to see Victoria benched in favour of McIntosh but won't be too fussed either way.
The pressure will really be on the defence this week and I just hope the mistakes are at a minimum.
I wouldn't be too disheartened with a draw but if Murray managed to fashion any kind of ugly win here, I'll be delighted.

Raith 2-2 Airdrie

It's only November, well December the time this game comes around, but every game feels like a must win at the minute if we have any aspirations of winning the league. Arbroath falling to Stranraer yesterday, albeit in the cup, should hopefully give other teams a bit belief that they are beatable.
I think we'll line up similarly to how we started vs QP. I'd rather Gillespie was in the middle of the park but Watson had a torrid time vs Airdrie earlier in the season, so I think he'll remain at right back this week. I'd not be against Duggan starting if he was fit, but Buchanan played well yesterday so he'll most likely keep his place.

Gillespie did well at Right Back I thought and Buchanan had a pretty good game also, no need to change anything. 

Gillespie did well at Right Back I thought and Buchanan had a pretty good game also, no need to change anything. 

Gillespie was torn apart several times yesterday at RB.

Watson on the other hand looked Brilliant when he came on

I thought he looked a bit rough at times but Watson has looked miles off it against Stenny, East Fife and Forfar, he came on yesterday with the game in the bag and Queens sitting off towards the end. 

Either way, Right Back is a bit of an issue anyway.  

I thought Gillespie struggled at times, but wondered if that was more rustiness rather than an unfamiliarity with the position. Fairly certain he’s played there earlier in his career.

Watson has probably been our weakest link all season though.

Funny auld game this football eh, people’s opinions are great. Personally I feel Watson is a diamond in the rough eh, I think in a year or 2 he’ll be excellent, and has done fine so far. He’s just a young lad. Where as I think Murray has been our weakest link this season thus far, and he was my player of the season last season.

12 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Funny auld game this football eh, people’s opinions are great. Personally I feel Watson is a diamond in the rough eh, I think in a year or 2 he’ll be excellent, and has done fine so far. He’s just a young lad. Where as I think Murray has been our weakest link this season thus far, and he was my player of the season last season.

I think Watson could well come good, I just don't think he's anywhere near ready yet. 

I think Watson could well come good, I just don't think he's anywhere near ready yet. 

I don't want to write him off at all, because as you say he could come good, but its got a Reece Donaldson feel about it. He's clearly got the compete level and tries to get stuck in but I don't think he's ready yet. I feel some of our players, especially Davidson, don't trust him enough on the ball and so sometimes play a more risky pass when it would be easier to give it to Watson.

3 hours ago, kev23 said:

I don't want to write him off at all, because as you say he could come good, but its got a Reece Donaldson feel about it. He's clearly got the compete level and tries to get stuck in but I don't think he's ready yet. I feel some of our players, especially Davidson, don't trust him enough on the ball and so sometimes play a more risky pass when it would be easier to give it to Watson.

Interestingly, against Stenny Benedictus went absolutely mental at Thomson saying "Help him out, he's a young laddie". Think they could just be trying to protect him possibly. 

Edited by CALDERON

Rovers to be 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go and then mount an amazing fightback to win 3-2. Scarves and Union jacks on the pitch.

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Rovers to be 2-0 down with 5 minutes to go and then mount an amazing fightback to win 3-2. Scarves and Union jacks on the pitch.

Oh,  those days are gone now, and in the past...

The calamitous one has renewed his season ticket at Parkhead.

Same again please Mr. Murray