Dundee vs. Accies - THE DIDDY DERBY

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a good performance and as well as both Woods and Kamara have played together in several games tonight I thought they were at times over elaborate and were caught in possession several times when there was an easy forward pass on. In fact it was refreshing to see Jim giving Kamara pelters after getting caught once too often. Shagger has just done the glaringly obvious. Kenny Miller looks like he’s always done, first touch is poor, he’s very fit and given the chance he bangs in the goals. He’s nothing like the Livi fans description.

Amazingly unexpected performance tonight - really think that having Ralph at left back and letting Calvin play further forward has made a great difference. Also thought Kusunga did really well, getting in blocks and tackles when needed.

Accies did look pretty poor, although once or twice we let them run through about 4 or 5 "challenges" in midfield and were lucky not to get punished.

I did spend most of September - November criticising Kenny Miller for being absolute mince and am now happily eating my words.

Easy home win on Sunday should set us up nicely for three humpings before Xmas...

Well that was fucking sexual. I nursed a penis ranging between semi-erect to full tumescence for the majority of the match. 

Closing players down and not giving them a minute on the ball is what we've been crying out for for ages. Forward passes at the first opportunity rather than a 10 yard sideways pass makes a difference as well, obvz. 

McIntyre really starting to stamp his authority on the team and it's good to see. Night and day from McCann's efforts. 

Kenny Miller is some boy btw. 

Bring on the Sevco. 

Thank you. 

Screenshot_20181206-075505_Facebook.jpg

Well, that was fucking grim, although you'd struggle to find an Accies fan who didn't see a defeat coming. Not in that manner though.
I thought the first half was pretty even. He gave the ball away a lot, but we looked dangerous whenever Miller got running, and Keatings was pretty decent at opening up space. A lot of the half was a one-man counter-attack from Scott Martin before the ball fell to McGowan who didn't know what to do.
The goal was poor - Martin got retired by Kamara and apparently Tshiembe was at fault too, but I didn't see that - but I felt confident of taking something.
Then the second half happened.
A positive was that Canning seemed to sort out McGowan constantly getting left 1 v 2 down his side. That was it.
Tshiembe's assist for the second was pretty impressive and Mucha was absolutely dreadful for it too. His movement to get down was all wrong and he was so slow too.
We were utterly appalling in the second half. There was absolutely no danger of us getting out of our own half and spent a lot of time aimlessly passing the ball from Tshiembe to MacKinnon to Gordon. There was one occasion when they completely vacated the midfield with Imrie drifting to the left to collect the ball and MacKinnon going over to the right. Keatings was pushed up and Martin was God-knows where.
The third goal seemed to be a bit unlucky and that was the night over.
Thank f**k we got a tonne of comps and approximately half of our support didn't need to pay in, including Rodger which should cover the bet ;)

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Massive result for Dundee’s wee team.  You can set aside any thoughts of relegation now.  :)

Nice try granny but we're the top team in Dundee now, you lot aren't even the top "United" team anymore. 

image.jpg

Archived