• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Bairnschild

Livestock beaters vs Everyonebeatsus

16 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Fasan

Kidd
McGhee
Harrison
Brough
Robson

Bartley
Buaben
Paton

Cardle
Rudden
Petra

Hopefully can keep a clean sheet.

3-2 Falkirk

Beautiful post, an example to the 'I don't want to be a Falkirk fan anymore' knicker wetters.

You're navy fucking blue and always will be. 

More unjustified confidence & team predictions, please. Let's get them hounded.

Edited by badgerthewitness
Because fucking FFC, alright?

Beautiful post, an example to the 'I don't want to be a Falkirk fan anymore' knicker wetters.
You're navy fucking blue and always will be. 
More unjustified confidence & team predictions, please. Let's get them hounded.
YAAAAAAASSSSSS Thats the fucking game. Bit of fucking ambition!

Joe McKee equaliser in the 17th minute in an otherwise 3/10 performance.

1-1

Could mean we see more youngsters coming off the bench to make their debut tomorrow.  The under 18's have been brilliant so far this season.

11 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Never thought I would say this but we need Harrison back. There it is said

just voted for him for player of the month.........................no more Muirhead please

56 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

How’s he been for you lot? Apart from being half broken.

Bagged a few goals towards the end of last season and looked promising but he's really struggled this season with injuries and also general poor form. Perhaps I am being too harsh but he looks really awkward and frequently miscontrols the ball. His finishing seems to have deserted him as well with some pretty routine chances being missed int he games against Edinburgh City and QotS.

Hopefully get back to some sort of defensive solidity and that Harrison's back to help with that. I think I'm right in saying that last week's debacle was the most number of goals that we've lost this season and have really only been hounded by QOS (Dobbie) previously, all other defeats having been relatively close run things.

Prince and Rudden being available would make a significant difference too so:

Mitchell

McGhee Harrison Brough

Dumbya Paton Bauben Irving Robson

Petra Rudden

I've wondered for a while if we'd suit playing a 5-3-2.  Something like this (I imagine Tremarco is still injured) - 

Ridgers

Rooney Mckay Donaldson McCart Tremarco

Polworth Welsh Walsh

Austin Oakley

Bagged a few goals towards the end of last season and looked promising but he's really struggled this season with injuries and also general poor form. Perhaps I am being too harsh but he looks really awkward and frequently miscontrols the ball. His finishing seems to have deserted him as well with some pretty routine chances being missed int he games against Edinburgh City and QotS.

Sounds exactly how he was for us, there’s definitely a player there, he looks like bambi on ice when he’s on the ball though :lol:

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Sounds a lot like him with us. I thought he was starting to look like developing the rare knack of being the guy in the right place at the right time. He was scoring a lot of scrappy goals for us and that doesnt happen by accident.  He was also bagging important ones. Theres a skill in being the guy that fires it in during a scramble. He was also good in the air and I thought his awkward style made him very hard to play against. Genuinely had high hopes for him

Then all of that seemed to disappear. His finishing became shite, he started hiding and annoyingly diving like f**k. All of that is before the fact he is made of paper.  

Question for Falkirk fans, what is happening with youth development at the club?

Since the withdrawal of the club from the Forth Valley Youth Development due to being unable to afford the indoor facilities under the banner of the SFA's Project Brave is the club now going down the traditional route of bringing young players through within the club or has this been completely abandoned?

For a club the size of Falkirk it seems 'Project Brave' has failed and with the club in financial difficulty and likely to drop down to D1 next season it must have something in place since the club will probably have to start from scratch with the squad next season with a lot of young players having to be involved in the 1st team?

Question for Falkirk fans, what is happening with youth development at the club?
Since the withdrawal of the club from the Forth Valley Youth Development due to being unable to afford the indoor facilities under the banner of the SFA's Project Brave is the club now going down the traditional route of bringing young players through within the club or has this been completely abandoned?
For a club the size of Falkirk it seems 'Project Brave' has failed and with the club in financial difficulty and likely to drop down to D1 next season it must have something in place since the club will probably have to start from scratch with the squad next season with a lot of young players having to be involved in the 1st team?

Project Brave and youth development doesn’t need indoor facilities

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Project Brave and youth development doesn’t need indoor facilities

So there are other options for Falkirk to develop young players within Project Brave?

However from what Margaret Lang said Falkirk FC had no choice but to withdraw support for the Forth Valley YD otherwise the football club would have ran out of money. Is this correct?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45582257

My question is about youth development and what route the club is going down.

I banged on for years about having a set of rules for match thread titles, nobody listened.

And now we have this utter cringe-fucking-fest

Embarrassed as f'ck for the OP - get it fucking sorted.

I banged on for years about having a set of rules for match thread titles, nobody listened.

Assuming this is a serious post, what a state to get yourself in.

What are your proposed rules? I hope they allow for at least some japes and giggles?

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Could mean we see more youngsters coming off the bench to make their debut tomorrow.  The under 18's have been brilliant so far this season.

I see Harper, Brown and MacGregor were on the bench on Sunday.

I've not seen them in action yet, any idea how good they are?

I know Brown is a defender and was out on loan and the other two are midfielders but that's all