Livestock beaters vs Everyonebeatsus

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Football is incredible. Pumped aff Stenhousemuir and then the next week they win against a team that hadn't lost in the league all season.

Falkirk fans absolutely delighted they're sitting 9th when they were discussing a possible title challenge less than six months ago.

986C6366-1BA6-48EF-BFC2-6C2C9E61658A.gif

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Just listened to his comments saying "it's not a free kick and that he spoken to the boys and the referee has been conned and it should be us sitting with the 3 points"

The reaction of the defender tells you it was a free kick. He accepts the decision without complaint.

The reaction of the defender tells you it was a free kick. He accepts the decision without complaint.
I prefer to view the reaction of our defenders, in particular, Thomas Robson [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7]

The vomit Mrs B had to clean up lastnight was for you Tommy.

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Watching the highlights I thought it was soft. Guy stuck his foot out Irving cleared it was losing the ball so went down.   Frankly though I couldnt give a feck and Robertson has a cheek. Its no as if it was a penalty we were given . Free kick was a good way out and could've been defended far better.  Some finish from big Harrison though.

Massively disappointing result but it might almost be a good thing. This unbeaten run malarky has disguised the fact we have been an absolute gang for weeks now. We really don't have much beyond that team which started yesterday and it's starting to tell.

Lovely ball through from Polworth to Walsh and a fine finish across the keeper. Awful defending from Mckay for the first Rudden goal. It's almost as if someone playing as ICT on FIFA suddenly loses their controllers connection with the PS4 as he just stops dead and doesn't even bother trying to challenge for the ball. As if that wasn't bad enough Rooney then follows it up by getting distracted by a shiny object in the North Stand and forgets to challenge Rudden for the ball and let him ghost past before finishing well past Ridgers. Perhaps the keeper should have done better but it was still good play from the Falkirk striker. Thought we had a decent claim for a penalty after that. Oakley I think was pulled down in the box. Referee gave a free kick but the foul definitely looked to continue into the penalty area. 

Second half was typical of our season. Mostly shade possession but ultimately do very little with it. Walsh sent a few good crosses in from the left but aside from that we didn't really look like we were going to take the three points. That said Oakley gave us hope when he stooped to steer in a header from a few yards out. Chalmers came closest when he curled a shot towards goal from about 20 yards out which clipped the roof of the net. But more poor defending right at the end gave Falkirk the winner. This time Donaldson seemed to doze off the let his man steal in to seal the three points. 

There was a massive difference between Falkirk back in August (?) and the one we saw yesterday. MacKinnon is starting to turn them around and despite their bad cup result last weekend they have to imagine they will start to pull away from the bottom of the league. Meanwhile, for us, it's a case of some old. A lack of real creativity in midfield, lack of pace in wide areas and no real threat up front. What's more concerning now though is that our previously settled defence is starting to creak a bit. Granted we are not playing with a left back at the moment but it's still alarming how bad we were at the back yesterday. Play that badly again on Friday against Ayr and Shankland will have a field day...

7 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Just listened to his comments saying "it's not a free kick and that he spoken to the boys and the referee has been conned and it should be us sitting with the 3 points"

That's hilarious. It's a freekick every day of the week, you can tell by the defenders reaction ffs

I bet the wee chode wasn't howling of the injustice when our perfectly good goal was ruled out at TFS earlier in the season 

Brad McKay must have the attention span of a gnat, the marking at Rudden’s first goal is ridiculous.

I can’t believe County have played ICT twice, and twice been lucky to get draws. Admittedly the keeper had a great game against us, and was all over the shop there, but the midfield just saunters around every time they lose a 50/50 challenge. This is Scottish lower league football - a lack of effort will cost you any chance.

I also like that the Falkirk winner comes from a blatant dive. All the more glorious for Falkirk fans, I’d imagine.

And a final thought - I’m so glad the County highlights don’t include commentary.

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I can’t believe County have played ICT twice, and twice been lucky to get draws. Admittedly the keeper had a great game against us, and was all over the shop there, but the midfield just saunters around every time they lose a 50/50 challenge. This is Scottish lower league football - a lack of effort will cost you any chance.

I also like that the Falkirk winner comes from a blatant dive. All the more glorious for Falkirk fans, I’d imagine.

And a final thought - I’m so glad the County highlights don’t include commentary.

I think it's very difficult to see whether Irving was caught or not. The defender certainly had no complaints about it. 

Edited to say that the clip is quite revealing in showing the attributes of both Irving and Robson. Robson bombing down the wing and looking very disappointed when  the pass doesn't reach him while Irving shows good close control of the ball, breezing past a defender but looking like it's all in slow motion.

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

John Robertson Alias found, funny he said the same thing about the referee being conned. he caught his foot player went down soft or not it was a free kick not to mention i wouldn't say the winner came from a dive it came from a free kick (albeit a soft one by the looks) that resulted in the cross to the box for Harrison to put in the back of the net but don't let your view of it get distorted.

19 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

John Robertson Alias found, funny he said the same thing about the referee being conned. he caught his foot player went down soft or not it was a free kick not to mention i wouldn't say the winner came from a dive it came from a free kick (albeit a soft one by the looks) that resulted in the cross to the box for Harrison to put in the back of the net but don't let your view of it get distorted.

Why would my view be distorted? 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Why would my view be distorted? 

You stated he dived for the winner he didn't dive, the goal was scored as a result from a free kick when Irving went down the matter if it was soft or not is up for discussion when the ref felt it was a free kick but the goal didnt come from a dive it came from a free kick if you want to be that way about it.

Some clown in front of the FFCTV crew lost the plot at the end. You can hear it a bit on the highlights. Amazingly he even had a highland type accent

Thought we had a decent claim for a penalty after that. Oakley I think was pulled down in the box. Referee gave a free kick but the foul definitely looked to continue into the penalty area. 

Aye that was a stonewaller imo. Really surprised the ref didn’t give it Harrison was all over him from outside the box and carries it on a few yards inside the box.

Thought the ref was really poor (for both teams). Though he wasn’t helped out by his assistants. In the first half Harrison was baiting Oakley which resulted in Oakley twice shoving Harrison away by his head. Also thought Polworth could potentially have seen red for shoving Muirhead down just before we scored our winner. Muirhead got a deserved booking for fouling to stop an attack but then Polworth only got a booking for shoving him to the ground.

I'm normally fairly impressed by Robertson but he's got a bit of a cheek moaning about a foul 40 yards from goal when we had a perfectly good goal knocked off at tfs in the last game and no one knew why except the ref

Robertson is a wee fat greetin faced Jambo arsehole.

7 hours ago, Russ said:

Muirhead got a deserved booking for fouling to stop an attack but then Polworth only got a booking for shoving him to the ground.

Yeah when Polworth shoved him over I thought he was a goner as well TBH. Wouldn't have been a bad call if the ref had decided to send him off. He (Polworth) got lucky for sure.

Looking at the Falkirk highlights it seems a soft(ish) free kick for their winner but I'm not going to greet about it. I'm more concerned that we twice let Falkirk score from  free kicks which saw the ball pumped into the box and we struggled so badly to defend them.

Also, I stupidly left a new pair of trainers on the train when I got off at Edinburgh and I have probably lost them. I'm more gutted about that. Now I know how the McCanns feel.

Archived