Livestock beaters vs Everyonebeatsus

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

How’s he been for you lot? Apart from being half broken.

Bagged a few goals towards the end of last season and looked promising but he's really struggled this season with injuries and also general poor form. Perhaps I am being too harsh but he looks really awkward and frequently miscontrols the ball. His finishing seems to have deserted him as well with some pretty routine chances being missed int he games against Edinburgh City and QotS.

Hopefully get back to some sort of defensive solidity and that Harrison's back to help with that. I think I'm right in saying that last week's debacle was the most number of goals that we've lost this season and have really only been hounded by QOS (Dobbie) previously, all other defeats having been relatively close run things.

Prince and Rudden being available would make a significant difference too so:

Mitchell

McGhee Harrison Brough

Dumbya Paton Bauben Irving Robson

Petra Rudden

Bagged a few goals towards the end of last season and looked promising but he's really struggled this season with injuries and also general poor form. Perhaps I am being too harsh but he looks really awkward and frequently miscontrols the ball. His finishing seems to have deserted him as well with some pretty routine chances being missed int he games against Edinburgh City and QotS.

Sounds exactly how he was for us, there’s definitely a player there, he looks like bambi on ice when he’s on the ball though :lol:

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Sounds a lot like him with us. I thought he was starting to look like developing the rare knack of being the guy in the right place at the right time. He was scoring a lot of scrappy goals for us and that doesnt happen by accident.  He was also bagging important ones. Theres a skill in being the guy that fires it in during a scramble. He was also good in the air and I thought his awkward style made him very hard to play against. Genuinely had high hopes for him

Then all of that seemed to disappear. His finishing became shite, he started hiding and annoyingly diving like f**k. All of that is before the fact he is made of paper.  

Question for Falkirk fans, what is happening with youth development at the club?
Since the withdrawal of the club from the Forth Valley Youth Development due to being unable to afford the indoor facilities under the banner of the SFA's Project Brave is the club now going down the traditional route of bringing young players through within the club or has this been completely abandoned?
For a club the size of Falkirk it seems 'Project Brave' has failed and with the club in financial difficulty and likely to drop down to D1 next season it must have something in place since the club will probably have to start from scratch with the squad next season with a lot of young players having to be involved in the 1st team?

Project Brave and youth development doesn’t need indoor facilities

I banged on for years about having a set of rules for match thread titles, nobody listened.
And now we have this utter cringe-fucking-fest
Embarrassed as f'ck for the OP - get it fucking sorted.
What are your proposed rules? I hope they allow for at least some japes and giggles?

So there are other options for Falkirk to develop young players within Project Brave? However from what Margaret Lang said Falkirk FC had no choice but to withdraw support for the Forth Valley YD otherwise the football club would have ran out of money. Is this correct?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45582257

My question is about youth development and what route the club is going down.

It’s shite, deflection. The cost of a tier 2 Academy which the club committed to in June 17, is around £150k based at Stirling Uni as it was. If it was at TSF lower again.

Anyway it is now water under the Bridge now. To restart it from scratch is not a 5 minute process. The decision was so short term it was frightening.

We will now fill our reserves with cast offs from other clubs Academies or the odd one we can persuade that joining Falkirk will give you a better chance of 1st team football earlier.

I haven't set foot in Johnny Foxes in a decade, worst pub in Inverness.
If you want a good pre match pint, head for the Black Isle Bar on Church Street, good beer and food.
Ended up in a brilliant bar with a guy playing piano in it before we went to Johnny Foxes to disgrace ourselves. I think it was called McGregors but it was excellent.
Once we're able to get up we'll be on the way to the Black Isle. Being pished is a prerequisite for watching this Bairns team.

Archived