Killie vs Kill-Me-Now (the side formerly known as Hibs)

Fully respect what Killie are doing but come on now with this title challenge chat. 3rd place is anyone's though, would not surprise me in the least to see Kilmarnock up in that kind of position.

We are dreaming but I would agree with you. Sevco are stronger than they’ve been and even though Celtic had a poor run they are firmly back on track now.

I’m sure privately Clarke will be aiming for 3rd place with Hearts in freefall and Aberdeen/Hibs having poor seasons so far by their own standards.

ETA - the only thing that makes me dream is that, compared to Aberdeen the last few seasons and Hibs last year who all looked to run it close, I believe we have the best manager in the division (or at least the very worst second best as you can’t really argue with back-to-back trebles despite the financial gap).

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I love Steve Clarke. 3rd is there for Killie with a couple of signings. 

Also, I went to a Motherwell-Hibs game that got abandoned a few years ago. Think it was a Friday night and there was a fire in the stand? Very bizarre.

Where the Hibees losing at the time per chance? :P

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Also, I went to a Motherwell-Hibs game that got abandoned a few years ago. Think it was a Friday night and there was a fire in the stand? Very bizarre.

Fenlons first match. Sure we were winning when it got abandoned. Lost the replay. Obviously. Fire in the floodlights I think it was. 

6 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I think 3rd is there for this current squad without any more signings.

See now why Hibees were concerned. That was awful. As good as we were, Hibs played right in to our hands. We have the player who's second for successful dribbles this season- why the hell would you play a narrow back three against him?!

Jones, like everyone in our team, was magnificent. He tortured the defence first half. Steven Whittaker is done at this level. 

Lennon tried changing shape and personnel second half to cope better. Worked to an extent, and gave them more on the front foot, but our midfield and defence were terrific. 

Love having Stewart and Brophy back. 6 minutes of partnership to produce a great goal. What a couple of players. Stewart in particular is just all class. 

Good to see Bachmann in the team, he's made a difference. 3 clean sheets in a row. 

The panic I felt when the floodies went out a second time was horrible. The thought of the match being abandoned and us not getting the 3 points for that was criminal. 

Thought the breaks favoured Hibs. The restart after the first they really came out stronger and battered us for 5. As the losing manager, getting the opportunity to talk to your players another couple of times is a huge help. Thought we were very professional though and saw the game out well. 

Was 3 going on 10. We've been due to scud someone and just delighted it was Hibs and Lennon who we didn't ever seem to get the better of. 

So buzzing for Wednesday now.

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Where the Hibees losing at the time per chance? :P

It was 7 years ago today. We were leading Motherwell 1-0 in pat fenlon' s first game in charge. Either O'Connor or Griffiths scored to put us up at half time and it got abandoned cause of a fire in the away end. I'm sure we lost the rematch 4-3 

15 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

That would be lovely. Bit of a soft spot for Killie, so good to see the team doing well. Also, the better your current squad do the more chance we have of retaining Dom Zidane Thomas beyond January. Boys an absolute wizard.

I really wouldn't worry too much. He's had a couple of chances to prove his worth to Clarke. He won't be back

5 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

I really wouldn't worry too much. He's had a couple of chances to prove his worth to Clarke. He won't be back

I wouldn't say that at all. There's a reason he has went on loan and not been let go permanently.

21 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I wouldn't say that at all. There's a reason he has went on loan and not been let go permanently.

In my opinion, the only reason he'll play for us is if we get relegated. That's his level. 

We haven't let him go because we'd have to pay him off

1 hour ago, paul wright scores said:

It's called a contract.  He's not good enough for the top league.  

Aye fantastic smart arse. The fact is Thomas would have been punted permanently if Clarke wanted him out. 

Our players' contracts are riddled with clauses to allow us to punt them for good and avoid paying them off.

54 minutes ago, flood said:

if you want a laugh go onto hibs.net 

Did we make any representations today to have that shambles abandoned?

funny as...

the poor wee soul had to stand in the dark for 3 to 4 minutes and was scared for his health :lol::lol::lol:

when hibs and the ref were so slow coming out for the second restart, I did actually wonder at the time if lennon was in the refs room ranting that match should be abandoned, wouldn't put it past him

Archived