Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

With this allocated seating nonsense I hope we don't get all the miserable fucks crying to folk to sit down. If it wasn't allocated seating all the folk who want to stand would fire up the back and folk who want to sit down the front, much like what happened at the last few games at Starks.

f**k sitting down for a game like this (although I hate sitting down at any game).

Well get your piles sorted then

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not quite, you could ask for a specific area (or request an end of aisle, I think) if you really wanted to. I would have asked for something near the back but I wasn't sure if was going to make it or not and my old man nipped in yesterday to get some and isn't fussed where we sit. If you had a supporters bus you could ask for a group of tickets to be set aside so you'd all be together too.

I'm normally against Allocated Seating in principle but clearly if a venue (be it a theatre, cinema, football ground, whatever) is going to be at, or near capacity, then it makes sense. And anyone not following it is a moron. It's not ideal, but there's no point in any club of our size having computerised ticketing where you can pick individual seats when there is very rarely the need for it.

Well I hope my mate got us tickets up the back!

Disagree about the allocates seating thing. Doesn't matter how busy it is. If you want specific seats arrive early. 

There will almost certainly be folk who won't follow it tomorrow as well.

What will be worse will be the old duffers saying shite like "Sit down! I didn't pay for a ticket to look at your back!".

Hopefully won't affect the atmosphere  but I fear it will as folk will be less willing to stand up and start a song/chant, as will folk who usually do a bit of the singing all being in different sections.

I look forward to seeing all the consternation tomorrow as radgies who can’t follow basic ticketing etiquette cause chaos.

They’ll be the first ones on here to complain:

“Did you sit in your designated seat that was on your ticket?”

“Well no, but that’s not the point *rest of post is nonsense*”

Disagree about the allocates seating thing. Doesn't matter how busy it is. If you want specific seats arrive early. 

Nonsense. When it’s near capacity if folk are allowed to sit where they want then there ends up being random single seats left all over the place and folk who bought tickets together don’t get to sit together.

Sit in your allocated seat, you’ll be next to the folk who bought tickets at the same time as you and there won’t be folk standing in the isles at five past three trying to find a seat.

Don't know why you'd be so against Allocated Seating even at near capacity. Literally every international game, cup final, games at large stadia, theatres, cinemas, hell even trains have allocated seats when they are likely to be busy.

17 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Don't know why you'd be so against Allocated Seating even at near capacity. Literally every international game, cup final, games at large stadia, theatres, cinemas, hell even trains have allocated seats when they are likely to be busy.

For the reasons I outlined earlier (a few posts up).

I don't care that it's used elsewhere. A football game is different to them.

The reason for allocated seating is different as well. Can't believe anyone would be in favour of allocated seating given the reason it was introduced (so that the authorities can know exactly where every fan is in case said fan stops repressing their barely suppresses hooliganism and kicks off like we're all itching to do, the same reason you sometimes have to provide a name and address when buying a ticket).

What if folk with young kids can't get down early? 

I probably won't get up to my seat until a couple of minutes before kick-off so it's a comfort to know that I can point to the club stating that it's allocated seating and not have to f**k about trying to get a seat next to my wee boy. 

3 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

What if folk with young kids can't get down early? 

I probably won't get up to my seat until a couple of minutes before kick-off so it's a comfort to know that I can point to the club stating that it's allocated seating and not have to f**k about trying to get a seat next to my wee boy. 

They'll probably get seats fine nearer the front. There wasn't any issue with folk getting seats any time we've been at Starks that I can recall.

What will be worse will be the old duffers saying shite like "Sit down! I didn't pay for a ticket to look at your back!".

Which is fair enough tbf. 

The fact that folk are 'allowed' to stand at the quieter games is only because stewards turn a blind eye within all-seaters, and only because self segregation stops the blocking of views (only possible if there are plenty of spare seats about). 

If folk wanted 'standing' seats at the back then they could have booked seats earlier rather than turn up to the game earlier. 

Granted that it means that the regular noise makers are separated to a degree as different pools of mates can't all organise and book together, but that's preferable to far more pools of friends being separated because of the random single spare seats dotted all over the place. Everyone's in what's essentially a relatively small single stand, hardly randomly thrown into different parts all around the ground. 

On the allocated seating thing, I really don’t understand what the problem is.  If you want tickets together with your mates, then buy them together.  The whole name and address thing too, well if you buy a concert ticket or a train ticket, then they have that detail already. So what is the big difference, why would there be an issue, unless you know there is a high risk you are going to behave in a manner which will breach the conditions of sale and entry.

as for the game, great ticket sales from both sides and I fear a Rovers win tbh.  We desperately need a striker.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They'll probably get seats fine nearer the front.

I think the whole operation would run smoother with the allocations though. 

Get in the ground at whatever time, sit in the seat you've been given/chosen and everyone knows what they're doing. 

1 minute ago, parsboi said:

On the allocated seating thing, I really don’t understand what the problem is.  If you want tickets together with your mates, then buy them together.  The whole name and address thing too, well if you buy a concert ticket or a train ticket, then they have that detail already. So what is the big difference, why would there be an issue, unless you know there is a high risk you are going to behave in a manner which will breach the conditions of sale and entry.

as for the game, great ticket sales from both sides and I fear a Rovers win tbh.  We desperately need a striker.

Because there isn't a specific law that was created to prosecute people at concerts. If there was anything like the OBAFA for gigs then a lot of folk would have criminal records, because folk act much worse at gigs than (most) football games.

At football you can get a criminal record for swearing potentially.

Will be interesting to see who starts up front tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Which is fair enough tbf. 

The fact that folk are 'allowed' to stand at the quieter games is only because stewards turn a blind eye within all-seaters, and only because self segregation stops the blocking of views. 

If folk wanted 'standing' seats at the back then they could have booked seats earlier rather than turn up to the game earlier. 

Granted that it means that the regular noise makers are separated to a degree as different pools of mates can't all organise and book together, but that's preferable to far more pools of friends being separated because of the random single spare seats dotted all over the place. Everyone's in what's essentially a small single stand, hardly randomly thrown into different parts all around the ground. 

You were standing on Saturday ya hoor!

Nah, sitting down at the football is shite. There needs to be an option for folk who want to stand. 

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah, sitting down at the football is shite. There needs to be an option for folk who want to stand. 

Indeed, but in front of people who were already standing, so no issue there. 

Worth pointing out though that this was after the group had gone into the furthest section, faffing around looking for a row of seats for all.  This failed miserably so the forced solution was to go back out and into another section to repeat the hunt, settling for spaces at the very front behind the net (worst view in the ground,  other than for Clark's goal of course).  This was with a fraction of the support there will be tomorrow. 

Sitting is indeed shite though, which is why wee grounds like the Glebe rule. 

At the Rovers they ask you where you want to sit. Further proof we are far more civilised. 
They should come up with a song to show how (not) bothered they are by the seating arrangements.

Something like "allocated seating, we f**king hate you" or if you're not bothered then "allocated seating, we don't even hate you".

Because there isn't a specific law that was created to prosecute people at concerts. If there was anything like the OBAFA for gigs then a lot of folk would have criminal records, because folk act much worse at gigs than (most) football games.

At football you can get a criminal record for swearing potentially.

Will be interesting to see who starts up front tomorrow!

Folk have been sitting down at the football for 20+ years. It’s the norm now, although I accept that people want safe standing sections brought back. Can people not sing while they’re sitting down?

Archived