Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seeing as we've made a profit for about three consecutive years now, I'd gently ask you to not partake in such wild defamation.

I'd also be upset if my team finally had an advantage over our rivals for the first time and threw it all away by getting relegated by Brechin City - but there's no reason to lower the tone of festivities with your bitter rants.

I'm sure the Rovers fans will create a carnival atmosphere on the day and I truly hope they enjoy the occasion.

:lol:

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with this draw overall. It should provide a good attendance and the game will likely be open and entertaining. 

We haven't had a Fife Derby in a while so I'm sure the anticipation will grow once we are in to January and the game is on the horizon. 

A lot can change between then and now; it is difficult to make any kind of prediction yet, but, it'll certainly keep both clubs focused on their league form to make sure they go into this tie full on confidence and momentum. 

COYP! :thumsup2

2 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seeing as we've made a profit for about three consecutive years now, I'd gently ask you to not partake in such wild defamation.

I'd also be upset if my team finally had an advantage over our rivals for the first time and threw it all away by getting relegated by Brechin City - but there's no reason to lower the tone of festivities with your bitter rants.

I'm sure the Rovers fans will create a carnival atmosphere on the day and I truly hope they enjoy the occasion.

Just ignore Fwank. He's a spotty virgin who has no friends and no one on here likes him.

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Speaking of carnival atmospheres will Dunfermline fans rock up with banners and march to the ground from O’Connells like last time?

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:
2 hours ago, Raithie said:

Speaking of carnival atmospheres will Dunfermline fans rock up with banners and march to the ground from O’Connells like last time?

I'd forgotten about that. Like the time they spray painted a bedsheet on a hill just outside Kirkcaldy.

It’s what football is all about. Daft c***s scribbling nonsense on their bedsheets and going for a walk along a High Street with like-minded half-dafts, whilst members of the general public look on in awe and wish they were football fans.

Lock up your grannies and pray for your cars.

17 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Please ignore the other two threads, which have terrible titles and horrible formatting.

An excellent draw for both sides and hopefully a big crowd in Kirkcaldy on the 19th January. I've seen some suggesting this could be moved for TV but they are hopelessly naive.

I'd be really surprised if this isn't televised. What other four matches would be chosen?

1 hour ago, bendan said:

I'd be really surprised if this isn't televised. What other four matches would be chosen?

Both old fim teams will for sure be televised. After that probably Hibs and Hearts ties. No doubt the morons at sky would rather televise the likes of St'johnstone v Hamilton than show this. 

Personally I am glad it doesn't have a chance to be on Tv as it would mean a stupid kick off time and lesser attendance. 

Great draw hopefully now the club now give out new contracts to Flanagan, Nesbit and Armstrong 

f**k the pars. 

2 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Both old fim teams will for sure be televised. After that probably Hibs and Hearts ties. No doubt the morons at sky would rather televise the likes of St'johnstone v Hamilton than show this. 

Personally I am glad it doesn't have a chance to be on Tv as it would mean a stupid kick off time and lesser attendance. 

Great draw hopefully now the club now give out new contracts to Flanagan, Nesbit and Armstrong 

f**k the pars. 

I can see the Rangers, Celtic and Hearts matches being chosen, but would they (the BBC) really go for Hibs v Elgin over this? Auchinleck v Ayr is another possibility I suppose, but there's nothing else. St Johnstone v Hamilton would be horrific.

Looking forward to Pars fans going on about how they don't care about the Rovers, before marching down  High Street shouting "We are the Rovers haters" 

And the “we fucking hate you, you’re just a wee team”.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Looking forward to Pars fans going on about how they don't care about the Rovers, before marching down  High Street shouting "We are the Rovers haters" 

So, Pars fans that don't care enough about the wee team get stick and now Pars fans that care too much about the wee team get stick? Very harsh.

I think we should all post our memories of Saturday 23rd April 2011, as Dunfermline Athletic cemented their place as Kings of Fife, while the wee team cried to the papers about a mascot wearing some cardboard.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

So, Pars fans that don't care enough about the wee team get stick and now Pars fans that care too much about the wee team get stick? Very harsh.

I think we should all post our memories of Saturday 23rd April 2011, as Dunfermline Athletic cemented their place as Kings of Fife, while the wee team cried to the papers about a mascot wearing some cardboard.

I'm sure you have plenty time to make a new banner up. I assume you were the fat bloke leading the charge last time.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

And how it was funded

4 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

I'm sure you have plenty time to make a new banner up. I assume you were the fat bloke leading the charge last time.

Was that the New Year game? What a walk in the park that was. Glad we could play our part in the wee team sliding into the seaside league.

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

And how it was funded

^^^ cried into his pillow after Martin Hardie killed his dreams.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Was that the New Year game? What a walk in the park that was. Glad we could play our part in the wee team sliding into the seaside league.

^^^ cried into his pillow after Martin Hardie killed his dreams.

I think you cried even more when your club nearly died.

Archived