Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Nah, we were well on top and should have been a couple ahead with the amount of chances we created.

The Rovers were genuinely the worst team I’ve seen us play since being promoted from League 1, and we lost 3-0. Big problems for us going forward.
Behave yourself.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

The Rovers were genuinely the worst team I’ve seen us play since being promoted from League 1, and we lost 3-0. Big problems for us going forward.

On the contrary, I've seen us face much better sides than the Pars this season. 

Arbroath and East Fife would have bent Dunfermline over yesterday too. 

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Nah, we were well on top and should have been a couple ahead with the amount of chances we created.

Very, very pleasing! GIRFUY, hope you’re still hurting for days to come.

Please tell us all exactly which chances created you should have scored to be 2 up? Be very specific and remember you only had 2 shots on target ‘with the amount chances created.’

You have a decent midfield and kept possession well but you have nothing up front and can’t defend. That means you deserved f**k all.

Story of your season and JM got it spot on yesterday, let you have the ball and huff and puff and then get at your creaking defence late in the game. Worked a treat for us as it has for most teams visiting EEP this season.

Great stuff.

I thought the Pars were the better side until the goal and whilst they didnt create anything at all other than the save from Thomson, they were moving the ball about better than us and quite comfortable even with 10 men.  That said, I'd say East Fife, Arbroath and Montrose have all come to Starks Park and looked far, far better.  And whilst we weren't really great to watch, letting Dunfermline pass the ball about and do f**k all worked out alright.  We did just that, kept it relatively tight at the back and hit them up top as the momentum swung our way. 

Goal changed it and there was simply no turning back after that.  I'm surprised Crawford took off Hippolyte and El Bahktoaui as they were the only players who looked even remotely dangerous. That pretty much wrapped the points up as they had no out ball at all. 

In the end a great win, that I really didn't see coming at half time, and up until the sending off I would have been delighted with a draw. 

Been on the end of some dreadful derby results so that was a sweet one, and don't think I've celebrated a goal like the third one for some time. 

Braw. 

Very, very pleasing! GIRFUY, hope you’re still hurting for days to come.
Please tell us all exactly which chances created you should have scored to be 2 up? Be very specific and remember you only had 2 shots on target ‘with the amount chances created.’
You have a decent midfield and kept possession well but you have nothing up front and can’t defend. That means you deserved f**k all.
Story of your season and JM got it spot on yesterday, let you have the ball and huff and puff and then get at your creaking defence late in the game. Worked a treat for us as it has for most teams visiting EEP this season.

This, absolutely this.

I strained my voice after the third goal. 

I tried to watch Sport Scene on iPlayer to see Thomson's goal but it isn't working! Was magnificent from my point of view. 

Also have to echo Baillie, if it weren't for Duggan it could have been a different result yesterday. 

Duggan is a bit of an unsung hero. He hardly ever gets any credit. But he not only got us the penalty. But that sublime cross for Vaughan’s delicious header should be commended.
Agreed. I've been fairly critical of him recently, but he more than justified his selection ahead of Buchanan. He was outstanding, particularly in the second half.

Hopefully we've seen the last of the 4-4-2 this season. Vaughan behind either Duggan or Nisbet until the end, please. It's a shame for Liam Buchanan, who's always good for a full shift, but I just don't think he fits into this side very well.

Agreed. I've been fairly critical of him recently, but he more than justified his selection ahead of Buchanan. He was outstanding, particularly in the second half.

Hopefully we've seen the last of the 4-4-2 this season. Vaughan behind either Duggan or Nisbet until the end, please. It's a shame for Liam Buchanan, who's always good for a full shift, but I just don't think he fits into this side very well.

Exactly he never stopped running, and looked disappointed not to take the penalty. But Vaughan hit it perfectly. I agree about Liam Buchanan, it’s a nice headache to have for a change.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Worse than last season’s Brechin side?

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Complete shit.

You weren't there, were you?

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

You been to many games this season, the championship this season is horrendous, not a decent team in there, if there was, the league would've been won by now by that team.

The diving header was a cracking goal, one that you see live and think wow, loved Stevie Crawford's close to tears interview.....many more to come

Can you point out which “chances” you are talking about?

By chances I don’t mean, a pass to no-one.

I remember one clear cut chance and that was in the first half with the Thomson save. Apart from that, possession isn’t everything.

1 minute ago, liam_barnett said:

Dunfermline's highlights - 

Pars highlights stop after the sending off :lol:

Maybe the camera guy was thinking " nope...no watching anymore of that " 8)

Archived