Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Nice seeing it again. If Hippolyte had just passed that into the net it’s a different game. Beating the Pars 3-0 is lovely. Saying that, if the c***s can sign a decent forward they’ll do well.
Add a couple of decent centre halves to that shopping list as well.

I can't believe Aiden Connolly doesn't get in that side either.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'm in the same row as Bodge and they were the row in front. 

Row WW, seats in the 40’s, just along from us.

My wee boy got a fright, and was freaking out, as he saw the sparks from one before it was lobbed on the pitch.

Twats seemed to think it was a laugh till folk started going radge at them, then they swiftly fucked off. Hope the police got them on the way out

Believe it or not, Connolly is even worse than the dross we had out there today. We need major surgery or Falkirk's revival to be a flash in the pan otherwise we'll be down in League One next season. Although if you boys mess it up again and Cowdenbeath come up v the Play-offs we could have a wee Fife mon-league next season...

Row WW, seats in the 40’s, just along from us.
My wee boy got a fright, and was freaking out, as he saw the sparks from one before it was lobbed on the pitch.
Twats seemed to think it was a laugh till folk started going radge at them, then they swiftly fucked off. Hope the police got them on the way out
They definitely arrested one of them according to Rovers twitter.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
17 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Believe it or not, Connolly is even worse than the dross we had out there today. We need major surgery or Falkirk's revival to be a flash in the pan otherwise we'll be down in League One next season. Although if you boys mess it up again and Cowdenbeath come up v the Play-offs we could have a wee Fife mon-league next season...

Connolly was excellent when he was with us. Just goes to shown you playing in the 9th tier of English football will muck up your career.

Combining our attempts at defending today with our inability to scare score was always going to mean it would be a tough game despite dominating up to the penalty - kudos to Robinson for kicking the mud out his boots on a plastic pitch- but it was a well taken penalty after a terrible move to give it away, after that Raith just ran away with it, no idea why Crawford threw Muirhead on for El Bak that pretty much lost us any kind of attacking threat and I don't think we had a single chance after than. Of course the league is going to be far more important however today could have got the feel good factor back for the pars but instead blew some wind into the Rovers sails who will hope that it spurs them on to play off success or a title win if Arbroath implode. But at the end of the day its just a game of football and I hope the guy who was burnt quite badly going by the press reports makes a full recovers without any scaring and they catch the folk who chucked the pyrotechnics, this is surely the only good thing about allocated seating and it will be easy to lift those responsible. Good luck to Raith in the next round hopefully results like that will entice some more fans to head along to Starks park rather than jump on a supporters bus to take in the Celtic or Rangers matches.

4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Combining our attempts at defending today with our inability to scare was always going to mean it would be a tough game despite dominating up to the penalty - kudos to Robinson for kicking the mud out his boots on a plastic pitch- but it was a well taken penalty after a terrible move to give it away, after that Raith just ran away with it, no idea why Crawford threw Muirhead on for El Bak that pretty much lost us any kind of attacking threat and I don't think we had a single chance after than. Of course the league is going to be far more important however today could have got the feel good factor back for the pars but instead blew some wind into the Rovers sails who will hope that it spurs them on to play off success or a title win if Arbroath implode. But at the end of the day its just a game of football and I hope the guy who was burnt quite badly going by the press reports makes a full recovers without any scaring and they catch the folk who chucked the pyrotechnics, this is surely the only good thing about allocated seating and it will be easy to lift those responsible. Good luck to Raith in the next round hopefully results like that will entice some more fans to head along to Starks park rather than jump on a supporters bus to take in the Celtic or Rangers matches.

We've had some nightmares against you in the past, however I share your thoughts regarding anyone who was harmed by the flare incident.

13 minutes ago, grumswall said:

El baks pish adam101. Bit of pace with a step over and zero end product. Done f**k all before he was taken off and being down to ten men it made sense to try something different.

@ me next time ;)

I would agree that his end product was indeed limited in the extreme however he didn’t give your defenders a moments peace and under pressure they looked as ropey as our “defenders” taking Faiss off meant that they had all the time in the world and only made big mistakes 2/3 times

This is tremendous, 6 mins onwards. “Don’t you dare!!!!!” [emoji23]

'At least they didny score fae that'

Aye pal, otherwise it would have been 4-0.

Love a giant killing. I enjoy a rendition of 'Ole ole we are the pars' too. Reminds me of them singing that just as Lewis Milne floated a ball in to Tam O'Brien's head, then falling silent as Kane Hemmings slots the ball home for the first goal in the playoff.

Well done Rovers.

'At least they didny score fae that'

Aye pal, otherwise it would have been 4-0.

Love a giant killing. I enjoy a rendition of 'Ole ole we are the pars' too. Reminds me of them singing that just as Lewis Milne floated a ball in to Tam O'Brien's head, then falling silent as Kane Hemmings slots the ball home for the first goal in the playoff.

Well done Rovers.

Cowdenbeath fans coming in for a dig, that’s how bad it’s got.

Congratulations to the Rovers. They took full advantage of the red card and penalty and took the game away from us, particularly with a well-worked second goal. From when they went ahead, you got the sense there was only going to be one outcome.

Until the sending off, there wasn't much in it. We might've had a bit more of the ball, and some pressure inside their box at the start of the second half, but apart from Hippolyte's effort first half (which he should bury), how many saves did the keeper have to make?

This has been a fundamental problem all the way through our season in that we simply don't create enough. I actually felt a bit for El Bakhtaoui yesterday; he needed someone to play off but, all too often, he was making some decent runs but only to find he had little support. What did arrive didn't do so quickly enough and we didn't play at a quick enough pace. So many times we had the ball and could either drive into space, or pass the ball forward, but it either went to the side or back and it allowed Rovers to funnel players back into position and ask us to try and break them down.

I've no complaints over the red card or the penalty. I thought at the game Ashcroft may have stumbled before bringing the player down, but watching it back, it's a bamboozling decision to let the ball bounce and not deal with it. The penalty is also a penalty and the third goal, although well finished, is again not dealt with at all by our defender. 

We desperately need at least somebody in in attack, but you can look at a few areas of the team where we need to improve. 

I'm sure its been mentioned, but hope those who chucked the flares are caught. Sheer stupidity launching them and damaging your own pitch.

The wee fannies who threw the flares were in the rows in front of myself. Think there were 2 groups of them as well as sure a group sitting in the 20s seats in row XX threw some down. It's criminal damage so hopefully they all get the book thrown at them. If not them Sim will probably track them down himself as he looked less than happy when inspecting the damage.

Until the sending off, there wasn't much in it.

Nah, we were well on top and should have been a couple ahead with the amount of chances we created.

The Rovers were genuinely the worst team I’ve seen us play since being promoted from League 1, and we lost 3-0. Big problems for us going forward.

Nah, we were well on top and should have been a couple ahead with the amount of chances we created.

The Rovers were genuinely the worst team I’ve seen us play since being promoted from League 1, and we lost 3-0. Big problems for us going forward.

Your tears are delicious

Archived