Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I was in row SS, the near the 2nd opening. The guys were clearly further up and I didn't get a clear view of them and most folk were standing.

Guy must have some throw on him if he managed to reach the pitch with a flare from that far back

We looked along our row when all  this was going on and the person who was holding the white flare aloft appeared to be in row II or just behind

Just now, Rovers_Lad said:

Guy must have some throw on him if he managed to reach the pitch with a flare from that far back

One flare landed  at the landing of the middle stair well, therefore his throw wasn't good at all, much like his intentions.

3-0 definitely didn’t reflect the game Pars were the better team first half and up to the penalty but not clinical enough. Penalty and card looked correct to me and I’ve not seen Pars fans saying otherwise so ref probably got them right. The red card was probably stupidity as even if we’d scored Pars could well have come back but players sometimes react without thinking. Great turn out from both sets of fans and a great derby victory gutted to not be there so thanks to Raith TV for the coverage over here. Be nice to get back to these games again although hopefully us coming up rather than Pars coming down.

57 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm still in shock at how a team so far in control managed to lose a game in that fashion. Like just about every game this season how we react to ANY setback that annoys the fk out of me. Pathetic.

Rovers fans enjoy your night. You deserve it after the last couple of seasons with Locke, Yogi and Smith.

Calm yersel neebur. I’d say you slightly edged the first 50 mins or so but come on now,  you can hardly say you dominated. Neither team could get a hold of the game. Apart from that one chance, neither keeper had anything to do.

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

This is tremendous, 6 mins onwards. “Don’t you dare!!!!!” emoji23.png

At least the young lad was fairly objective about the outcome but what a seething mess some got into near the end

:thumsup2:lol:

The first 60 minutes was a bit of a struggle but in the end, what a magnificent day.
I thought after a decent first 15-20 minutes we were quite poor, constantly giving the ball away and sitting a bit too deep. Even after the red card it seemed that it had only served to galvanise the Pars. The penalty changed everything, with the Pars bereft of any fight and us finally showing a bit of belief and ability.
Stars for us were Thomson for that crucial save, Duggan for his involvement in all the key moments in the second half, and obviously Vaughan.
As predicted by most Pars on here they looked solid in midfield, but shaky at the back and powderpuff up front. Faissal looks a great player until he shoots - he was spraying the ball everywhere from some good positions. Ashcroft looked susceptible to a blunder even in the first half and so it proved to be the case and Durnan was even worse. Crawford could really do with pulling a couple of rabbits out of the hat before the window closes.

Archived