Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's grim to hear, probably dampened a brilliant day for your family. Hope the wee man's alright.

Delighted you got to travel up and most importantly to see us win. Hope your wee brother is OK.
Cheers guys, my mate and I were on the other end of the stand so weren't near it. Met up with them at the end of the game and despite it, he was in high spirits due to the result.

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

My view-

Toothless Dunfermline were the better team up until the pentalty. Yes the sending off happened about ten minutes before hand, but Pars turned the screw after that. Dominated but absolutely nothing up top. Heard folk say previously  that the supply is the problem, but to day showed that is bollocks. Purely the strikers fault.  Ashcroft was sent off in a similar fashion to the sending off against Dundee United in the play-offs last year. Ball over his head and grabbing his man.He's not the same player without a good partner. On that note, I've got to reiterate that Danny Devine should never wear a Pars shirt again. Total talentless donkey of a man. That third goal was just appalling.   Couldn't see the penalty from where I was sitting, but told it was clear cut.  Fair doos, Rover then went on to gub us. Enjoy your night.

My assessement of Crawford is that he's too cautious. We could easily of played with two up top today . What is the point in changing manger when he's actually more scared than the previous coward manger. His interviews are cringeworthy too. Goes of on a tangent with every question. Thought he would be media trained considering his footballing background.  His body language shows somebody who's really uncomfortable in this position. Want him to succeed but have serious doubts about him.   Shields sounds far more impressive. Board have made a howler with this one I fear.

I'm glad you got that of your chest! But get it up ye.

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

My view-

Toothless Dunfermline were the better team up until the pentalty. Yes the sending off happened about ten minutes before hand, but Pars turned the screw after that. Dominated but absolutely nothing up top. Heard folk say previously  that the supply is the problem, but to day showed that is bollocks. Purely the strikers fault.  Ashcroft was sent off in a similar fashion to the sending off against Dundee United in the play-offs last year. Ball over his head and grabbing his man.He's not the same player without a good partner. On that note, I've got to reiterate that Danny Devine should never wear a Pars shirt again. Total talentless donkey of a man. That third goal was just appalling.   Couldn't see the penalty from where I was sitting, but told it was clear cut.  Fair doos, Rover then went on to gub us. Enjoy your night.

My assessement of Crawford is that he's too cautious. We could easily of played with two up top today . What is the point in changing manger when he's actually more scared than the previous coward manger. His interviews are cringeworthy too. Goes of on a tangent with every question. Thought he would be media trained considering his footballing background.  His body language shows somebody who's really uncomfortable in this position. Want him to succeed but have serious doubts about him.   Shields sounds far more impressive. Board have made a howler with this one I fear.

Today was abysmal but a tad early to judge Crawford on

Whilst i'm obviously delighted with the result, I thought Dunfermline were the better team for most of the game today. It seems to be the constant theme in the local rag (Dunfermline Press) that if only they had a player who could score some goals, they would be near the top of the table and today proved that. Particularly a chance in the first half, that Thomson saved where it looked much easier to score (don't know the name of the Pars player).

On a sour note, those fanny's who threw the flares onto the pitch need to be banned. Aside from the obvious damage to the pitch, if any of them had hit a player the match probably would have been abandoned and we would have been kicked out of the tournament.

12 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Whilst i'm obviously delighted with the result, I thought Dunfermline were the better team for most of the game today. It seems to be the constant theme in the local rag (Dunfermline Press) that if only they had a player who could score some goals, they would be near the top of the table and today proved that. Particularly a chance in the first half, that Thomson saved where it looked much easier to score (don't know the name of the Pars player).

On a sour note, those fanny's who threw the flares onto the pitch need to be banned. Aside from the obvious damage to the pitch, if any of them had hit a player the match probably would have been abandoned and we would have been kicked out of the tournament.

At the risk of defending them I doubt they would have aimed for any player. They're just wee fannies caught up in a fad. All clubs have such wee cretinous arseholes who follow these kinds of fads and think they're hard. They're the same kind of brainless wanks who run on the pitch after a goal.

Laughable stuff.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

At the risk of defending them I doubt they would have aimed for any player. They're just wee fannies caught up in a fad. All clubs have such wee cretinous arseholes who follow these kinds of fads and think they're hard. They're the same kind of brainless wanks who run on the pitch after a goal.

Laughable stuff.

Your probably right. The plus was that they were quickly houded out by other fans. I saw them basically jogging down the steps whilst others were pointing and shouting at them.

Laughable stuff.
These aren't Raith fans. They were in our end and I'll dare say Kdy boys but neither Raith fans nor regulars at Stark's. Thankfully they're being tracked down and will be punished.

8 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Your probably right. The plus was that they were quickly houded out by other fans. I saw them basically jogging down the steps whilst others were pointing and shouting at them.

If you will, can you say which section/how far up in the South Stand the culprits were sitting.

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
Laughable stuff.

These aren't Raith fans. They were in our end and I'll dare say Kdy boys but neither Raith fans nor regulars at Stark's. Thankfully they're being tracked down and will be punished.

The club should not be shy in nami g them or posting their pictures on social media. 

Get some decent CCTV pics and ask the public for their names. 

They deserve everything that comes their way. 

Brilliant result and delighted with the result but we definitely didn’t deserve to win 3-0.

Pars were definitely the better team in the first half without looking dangerous.

We barely found a man with a pass the whole first half.

The only players to get pass marks from me in the first half were Bene who I thought was fantastic and Vaughan who looked right up for it.

I hoped the world-class save from Thomson might spark us into life but it didn’t.

Even the sending off didn’t seem to inject any life into us and the pars still looked the better team.

After the penalty we found a bit of belief though.

I thought Duggan had a great last half hour, drawing the fouls for the sending off and the penalty and then the brilliant work and cross for the second goal being the obvious highlights.

Brilliant that we could finally put the ‘big occasion’ hoodoo to bed though and fingers crossed we get either a winnable tie or a money-spinner in the next round.

Nothing pish like St Johnstone away please!

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Standing next to two Raith fans on the North bound side. They're enjoying it and rightly so. They comically waved off the Pars fans. 

Sigh

Chin up chief. First time we’be beaten Pars 3-0 since the Millennium Derby.

It’s good that you lads occasionally get the second prize, otherwise this would be like the East Fife Derby (this season excluded).

Great win. However, we were absolutely dominated for an hour or so, up to the sending off, even at that there was a good 10 minutes after that where we just weren't at the races. In saying that, other than Thomson's save in the first half (which initially I would have said was McGurn-esque, but feel it was more bad finishing rather than good goalkeeping), there wasn't much in the way of clear cut chances.

Sending off was the right decision and ultimately swung the game in our favour.

Missed what the penalty was given for. Great penalty under pressure though. After that, we were pretty much in control. Great cross and finish for Vaughan's second and harrying of the defender for his hattrick.

3-0 definitely flatters us, but what a day. Great crowd, decent atmosphere and 

Don't get me started on the mindless idiots throwing the flares though. Took the gloss off the day, no doubt about it.

I'm still in shock at how a team so far in control managed to lose a game in that fashion. Like just about every game this season how we react to ANY setback that annoys the fk out of me. Pathetic.

Rovers fans enjoy your night. You deserve it after the last couple of seasons with Locke, Yogi and Smith.

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Great win. However, we were absolutely dominated for an hour or so, up to the sending off, even at that there was a good 10 minutes after that where we just weren't at the races. In saying that, other than Thomson's save in the first half (which initially I would have said was McGurn-esque, but feel it was more bad finishing rather than good goalkeeping), there wasn't much in the way of clear cut chances.

Sending off was the right decision and ultimately swung the game in our favour.

Missed what the penalty was given for. Great penalty under pressure though. After that, we were pretty much in control. Great cross and finish for Vaughan's second and harrying of the defender for his hattrick.

3-0 definitely flatters us, but what a day. Great crowd, decent atmosphere and 

Don't get me started on the mindless idiots throwing the flares though. Took the gloss off the day, no doubt about it.

The only thing I could add to that is when Davo went full Del Boy and went sideways to block a shot in the box.

5 minutes ago, graeme_p said:

The club should not be shy in nami g them or posting their pictures on social media. 

Get some decent CCTV pics and ask the public for their names. 

They deserve everything that comes their way. 

His much damage is done by chucking smoke bombs on?

Gordon Adamson seemed raging, so i’m assuming some. From a punters view In the Mains Stand it added to the occasion. If it did damage the pitch then it was a stupid thing to do.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Hopefully the headline is ‘Raith Rovers 3 v 0 Dunfermline: Vaughan and Dingwall run riot.’

Stevie Crawford seen crying in the toilet and cursing the day he left the Rovers. Unconfirmed reports that Crawford is the mystery toilet-flooder of Old Dunfermline town.

Oooft. This was like the best ever Carlsberg result. Great that it happened.

Archived