Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Do you still have that right back who plays in the opposition's half and can't defend for shit?

If we're going to win this, it's likely to come from our play out wide.

I'll take a wild guess that you're talking about Ryan Williamson. 

He's been dropped for the last 4-5 games. He was having a fitness test for today too. James Craigen has been playing right back. Doing an OK job in there for a midfielder but we have lost three goals in our last 3 games which started in his area of the pitch. It's not ideal. Think Raith will definately try to expose us there.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Early start gadge! Offer accepted?

Aye just finished breakfast in The Robert Nairn and will be strolling the high street to the boozer shortly. Cheaper train when you get an earlier one!

The bid was accepted but they're keeping the bidding open for now..

We're using Danny Armstrong as an inverse-Joe-Cardle, cutting in from the right onto his left foot. He started like a house on fire but defences have definitely cottoned on to him, which has blunted his effectiveness. He's clearly very talented though, would fancy him up against an out-of-sorts right back.

I'd hope Nathan Flanagan retakes his place on the left wing after a couple of weeks on the bench, he's much more orthodox. Occasionally we'll switch wingers for a couple of passages of play, but McGlynn's heart doesn't really seem in it.

Our best performances have come with a 4-2-3-1 this season, but without Nisbet we lack a proper front man. I don't think McGlynn's alternative 4-4-2 with Buchanan and Duggan up top is any better though, particularly as it means Vaughan ends up stationed out wide.

McGlynn's other big call is whether to stick or twist with his goalkeeper. Now, most managers would keep their number one in situ barring a massive incident, but famously McGlynn has a hair trigger, as Davie McGurn (and the rest of us) found out to his cost. I wouldn't be astounded to see Lyness become the fourth goalkeeper to play for us this season.

Thomson and Beadling are quality midfielders for the Championship. If we had a striker with a bit of nouse and stopped playing hoofball we’d maybe be in a better position.

Archived