Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

As for the match, it's quite a sobering thought when you think that we are relying on Duggan and Buchanan to lead the line, and have a defence who are gifting goals.  Whilst Dunfermline are struggling for goals, they won't have come up against a defence as bad as ours yet. 

I'm really up for the game but I think we will draw at best. We will definitely concede and don't think we have the fire power to score too much. 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As for the match, it's quite a sobering thought when you think that we are relying on Duggan and Buchanan to lead the line, and have a defence who are gifting goals.  Whilst Dunfermline are struggling for goals, they won't have come up against a defence as bad as ours yet. 
I'm really up for the game but I think we will draw at best. We will definitely concede and don't think we have the fire power to score too much. 

This is genuinely the first post I’ve seen that’s actually about the game.

We should be able to nudge through. I expect the Rovers will be up for it due to the nature of the game, but I’d expect us to come out with the win. This is Fez territory.

If the Pars play to any sort of decent level they'll win comfortably by 2-3 goals. In general we concede far too many goals and without Nisbet I doubt that we have the firepower to pose much of a threat going forward.

To win we'll need to play at the top of our game, hope for a few lucky breaks and hope the Pars have another off day.

Can’t afford to think that all we have to do is turn up, but if we play quite well, we should win. Be interesting to see who starts up front for us, it certainly won’t be anyone playing with confidence - which could make a big difference. We need to take some of our chances and I’m not sure who we have that can do that!

9 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I’m in the same boat. Now we’re on the day of the game i’m remembering that we’re a League 1 team with a ropey defence and poor options up front.  Can we win the midfield battle? Can we push Vaughan forward a bit and get him scoring the goals? Will Dingwall or Armstrong make a difference? Can we cut out the regular self-inflicted disastrous defending?

We’ll find out today. Hopefully we can make a game of it.

I’m also really up for the game. These are the real Fife derby games. 

Our centre midfield 3 are by far the strongest area in our team. Can't see Raith dominating them.  It's more the fact that we also give away daft goals and are toothless. That was even when Keena was here. Now he's gone. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Can’t afford to think that all we have to do is turn up, but if we play quite well, we should win. Be interesting to see who starts up front for us, it certainly won’t be anyone playing with confidence - which could make a big difference. We need to take some of our chances and I’m not sure who we have that can do that!

Don't think there's any danger of that. This is Crawford and Shield's first game after having a full week to work with the players.

Be interesting to see how we line up formation wise as most of the personnel picks itself.

Hopefully the headline is ‘Raith Rovers 3 v 0 Dunfermline: Vaughan and Dingwall run riot.’

Stevie Crawford seen crying in the toilet and cursing the day he left the Rovers. Unconfirmed reports that Crawford is the mystery toilet-flooder of Old Dunfermline town.

In all seriousness Dunfermline will win this, depends which Rovers team turns up. We are defensively naive and Davo will be aiming daggers at Thomson so you can count on him not doing much. And the front pairing doesn’t fill me with confidence. Hopefully we keep it respectable

18 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

What’s your Business Plan? Are you just going to steal mine?

I went a bit mental and scraped together all of my life's savings and put a huge bid in earlier;

20190119_100713.thumb.jpg.774f7f93b4ac8928c0c7506f5ae35866.jpg

Archived