Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

The Pars fans mumping about not getting a ticket remind me of the Rovers fans mumping about not getting a ticket for the title decider at East End in 2011. Tickets were on sale for weeks before but folk held off, reckoned it’d be PATG then thought there would be an extra allocation - none of which happened.

Normally it's PATG. I live in the West and don't have any relatives in Fife anymore so it's not easy for me to get a ticket pre-match. I don't trust the delivery service; the last time I did that the tickets never arrived and it's put me off ever since. 

Wouldn't be much fuss if you weren't so tinpot and had a fully functioning stand to accommodate more away fans tbqh. 

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Normally it's PATG. I live in the West and don't have any relatives in Fife anymore so it's not easy for me to get a ticket pre-match. I don't trust the delivery service; the last time I did that the tickets never arrived and it's put me off ever since. 

Wouldn't be much fuss if you weren't so tinpot and had a fully functioning stand to accommodate more away fans tbqh. 

Tbh I think the demand has probably caught the club off guard. 

Dunfermline couldn't even muster 2,000 fans for what was thought to be their last ever derby in 2013, so it's understandable ;)

In any case, the away allocation is still not sold out less than 24 hours before the game - there is no need at all for any more away capacity. 

If you live away from Fife and refuse to use postal service for an all ticket game then there's not much blame to be be placed anywhere else. 

14 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Gutted for you

Just imagine a game of football happening around this attendance that everyone seems to talk about. Now that’d be something to talk about. This crowd w**k, city v town, big team wee team nonsense is just poor banter. I’m going for 2-2 tomorrow if we can avoid a frozen pitch like there has been at Cowdenbeath tonight.

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's actually making me yearn for a Rovers - East Fife thread. A remarkable achievement.

Steady on. Typical East Fife v Rovers thread:

!!!...!!!...!!!.!!!...!!! Etc. Etc.

*insert horse photo here*

*insert diabolical patter about licking lino*

*insert angry borderline illiterate response to any post from a Rovers fan*

Has it been confirmed by the club that it's allocated seating? 
Might cut down on the shitstorm of having to ask folk to move. 
It has been confirmed to a mate of mine on fb. He asked they answered.

The Ticket Office at Stark’s Park will be open on Saturday between 11am up until kick-off to allow the Home fans to purchase and collect tickets.

Over 3,000 home tickets have been sold for the Penman Family and Turnbull Hutton Stands and ticket sales will continue on match day so we ask all fans to arrive early to avoid heavy queuing at the turnstiles, which will open at 1.45pm.

All supporters are reminded that the tickets are sold for allocated seating only.

AWAY SUPPORT

The plan of the stadium is on the club website and, if you are not familiar with the stadium, you are encouraged to view that before arrival.

There will be 5 turnstiles in operation, identified as L,N,O,P and Q, with Q being nearest to Pratt Street. The Disabled Access gate for disabled guests who cannot or would prefer not to use the turnstiles, is situated adjacent to turnstile Q at Pratt Street. Additional signage is in place outside and inside the turnstiles to allow fans to reach their seats quickly.

Turnstile L  allows access to seats      1 to 35

Turnstile N allows access to seats      36 – 60

Turnstile O allows access to seats      61 – 85

Turnstile P allows access to seats      86 – 110

Turnstile Q allows access to seats     111 – 120

IF Dunfermline return any tickets, they will be sold from the ticket POD at the McDermid Stand from 1.30pm with turnstiles open at 1.45pm

Supporters are reminded that there will be a collection for Kirkcaldy Foodbank outside the stadium and we would ask you support this very worthy cause.

With this allocated seating nonsense I hope we don't get all the miserable fucks crying to folk to sit down. If it wasn't allocated seating all the folk who want to stand would fire up the back and folk who want to sit down the front, much like what happened at the last few games at Starks.

f**k sitting down for a game like this (although I hate sitting down at any game).

With this allocated seating nonsense I hope we don't get all the miserable fucks crying to folk to sit down. If it wasn't allocated seating all the folk who want to stand would fire up the back and folk who want to sit down the front, much like what happened at the last few games at Starks.
f**k sitting down for a game like this (although I hate sitting down at any game).

Should have got tickets up the back then.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Should have got tickets up the back then.

Whilst I never bought them I know that they were just sold out of a box so folk didn't have that option (i.e. they just give you the first ones out of the box).

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Whilst I never bought them I know that they were just sold out of a box so folk didn't have that option (i.e. they just give you the first ones out of the box).

At the Rovers they ask you where you want to sit. Further proof we are far more civilised. 

When I bought tickets, we were asked (as was everyone else buying them) whether we wanted to be front, middle or back.

Not quite, you could ask for a specific area (or request an end of aisle, I think) if you really wanted to. I would have asked for something near the back but I wasn't sure if was going to make it or not and my old man nipped in yesterday to get some and isn't fussed where we sit. If you had a supporters bus you could ask for a group of tickets to be set aside so you'd all be together too.

I'm normally against Allocated Seating in principle but clearly if a venue (be it a theatre, cinema, football ground, whatever) is going to be at, or near capacity, then it makes sense. And anyone not following it is a moron. It's not ideal, but there's no point in any club of our size having computerised ticketing where you can pick individual seats when there is very rarely the need for it.

Archived