Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Strange to hear the railway stand is potentially unusable. You only renovated it a few years ago, how the f**k is it already in disrepair?
The whole stand has been needing sorted for a long time. It's the best view in the ground but the North and south stands were newer with more up to date facilities so it was the railway stand that was shut. Could also be due to the ability of the North and south stand being able to house more people when required such as Saturday tbf.

To answer your question though; f**k knows.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely ridiculous this tie isn't on TV. A double header of our game first then this tie would have been a brilliant Scottish Cup Saturday. Celtic v Airdrie, eh no thanks 
f**k off and TV can f**k off for these games. It wouldn't be as big a crowd for it and would be at some stupid time on a Sunday or some nonsense.

Pars have 2700 due to their behaviour issues. Front few rows are out of bounds. It’s a shame but their reputation precedes them.

You’d imagine the Rovers end will have matchday sales but the police might turn it down. Unfortunate but not the club’s fault - it doesn’t help the casual punter but no need for a genuine fan to be unable to make it as a result, you can buy a ticket now and pick it up before kick off.

Good crowd from both sets of fans though. 5899 at the last New Year derby at Starks, I think it’s clear we’d beat that if it was pay on the day, and it’s already beaten the 5114 at the first derby that season when Dunfermline had just returned from League 1.

I’d like to think we have enough about us to outplay rovers but it will be tough. Playing hoofball is completely the wrong tactic and we should use Higgy as much as possible. It will be interesting to see how much of a gap there is ability wise.
Good to see big Nat again, will be ok if he does a few #wedderturns as long as we win.

Unfortunately the gap is huge. We haven’t had a consistent season or team. We seem to have adopted the half a game tactic. As in buzzing first or second half. But the players training every day of the week come out as if they don’t know each other in most games. We don’t have a proper right back and the keeper is dodgy too.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Pars have 2700 due to their behaviour issues. Front few rows are out of bounds. It’s a shame but their reputation precedes them.

You’d imagine the Rovers end will have matchday sales but the police might turn it down. Unfortunate but not the club’s fault - it doesn’t help the casual punter but no need for a genuine fan to be unable to make it as a result, you can buy a ticket now and pick it up before kick off.

Good crowd from both sets of fans though. 5899 at the last New Year derby at Starks, I think it’s clear we’d beat that if it was pay on the day, and it’s already beaten the 5114 at the first derby that season when Dunfermline had just returned from League 1.

:lol:

What would a wee bit of tape across the front 2 or 3 rows do to stop anyone who wanted to cause some sort of bother?!

Anyway, I can't ever remember any trouble in the ground for this game, and that's going back at least 10 years.

10 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

If you have an area in mothballs i.e. water pipes/storage tanks, you can't just turn the water back on a hope for the best.

The club has obligations to comply with water quality (legionella) which would require for the tanks to be cleaned and chlorinated which is not worth the money or the fuss.

Broken Britain. This is what’s wrong with the place. Lazy b*****ds everywhere and penny wise pound foolish.

We’re going to hell in a handcart.

Anyway, if I was a Pars fan i’d just get tickets for the Main Stand and sit in there. If enough of you do that, no way the few police and high-viz min-wage Jacket-fillers will throw you out.  Just pretend you’re Old Firm (deceased RIP) fans.

29 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Without a doubt. Fife council don’t care about anything outside Dunfermline. Kirkcaldy high street is dead as a dodo. Cheers Fife Council

They care more about Glenrothes than us and always have. That’s their pet project. 

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

:lol:

What would a wee bit of tape across the front 2 or 3 rows do to stop anyone who wanted to cause some sort of bother?!

Anyway, I can't ever remember any trouble in the ground for this game, and that's going back at least 10 years.

Do you not remember the wee daftie that ran behind the goal and got hunted by the stewards?

The lad had some turn of speed btw.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

Do you not remember the wee daftie that ran behind the goal and got hunted by the stewards?

The lad had some turn of speed btw.

That's not really 'trouble' as such though. It was just a wee lad being a daftie. No one was hurt or endangered. Plus a wee bit of tape over a couple of rows won't stop anyone doing that.

Tomorrow will be fun when the wee team start giving it big licks cause they can't stop themselves from getting overexcited by the prospect of facing the big team in fife.
You really are only there to see Dunfermline.

What big team in Fife. Surely not the 0p in the pound Townies. Get a fucking grip HaHaHa.

Archived