Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It's not every week that Fife's Finest rolls into town, so understandable the folk of Kirkcaldy are rushing to the ticket office with wallets in hand.

It’s every second week.

Anyone know why Raith are going hard line on this no PATG and the Dunfermline club shop open before Saturdays game? Seems odd not to just sell tickets on the day at Starks, even if it was the railway stand (safety certificate allowing).

Looking forward to seeing how Crawford goes about this with a week of training to tweak the formation and player selections.

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

Anyone know why Raith are going hard line on this no PATG and the Dunfermline club shop open before Saturdays game? Seems odd not to just sell tickets on the day at Starks, even if it was the railway stand (safety certificate allowing).

Looking forward to seeing how Crawford goes about this with a week of training to tweak the formation and player selections.

This is common practice to reduce queues on matchday.

There probably will be PATG'ish but you may have to buy a ticket at a kiosk*

*Not official.

I wonder when a Fife side last lost to each of the other 3 league sides in the same season (excluding Fife Cup results)?

Probably us in our 1st league 1 season. You beat us in the challenge cup, east fife in the league and cowden in the playoffs.

They do seem to be particularly arsy. They are the only club to take the 'we want every fan to pay a £1000 deposit to get a unique serial code that will allow access to their individual seat' seriously, every other club it's been a token gesture at best. It achieves f**k all apart from discouraging fans from attending.

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’m pretty sure it’s been mentioned in the past it is as much a police decision as a club decision.

There has been more bother at our recent games vs Falkirk than there ever has been vs Raith and they have never said "strictly allocated seats" and usually have cash gate

We were required to give our name and address when buying tickets so Raith know exactly who’s sat in each seat. This leads me to believe they won’t allow PATG at the last minute.

It’s a shame because some people don’t know if they can go until the last minute and it means a poorer crowd than if folk could just pay at the gate if they took a notion at the last minute to head along.

We were required to give our name and address when buying tickets so Raith know exactly who’s sat in each seat. This leads me to believe they won’t allow PATG at the last minute.

It’s a shame because some people don’t know if they can go until the last minute and it means a poorer crowd than if folk could just pay at the gate if they took a notion at the last minute to head along.

Was the same for the new year game 2 years ago regarding taking names etc. This is now an SFA/SPFL requirement for any advance sales, with allocated seating. However, patg was announced a couple of days in advance.

Falkirk took the more sensible approach of not selling tickets for allocated seats, meaning that these details weren’t required.

Edit: fully expect PATG to be announced this afternoon/tomorrow.

I'm sure I saw somewhere once that the tickets can't be printed without the seat numbers on them due to the software or something like that, and that at least by making it allocated seating it removes some of the confusion on the day. 

I may have completely made that up. 

Was the same for the new year game 2 years ago regarding taking names etc. This is now an SFA/SPFL requirement for any advance sales, with allocated seating. However, patg was announced a couple of days in advance.

Yeah I remember doing that in the past. Wasn’t sure if it was at Starks.

Don’t we print tickets with seat numbers on them but the ticket is then marked with sit in any unreserved seat? I’m sure I’ve seen that.

Am I missing the big issue with allocated seating? I actually prefer it. Nothing worse than when you come in with your mates and your searching to try and find enough seats together.

You buy your ticket, you sit in the seat stated it’s not difficult. 

Am I missing the big issue with allocated seating? I actually prefer it. Nothing worse than when you come in with your mates and your searching to try and find enough seats together.
You buy your ticket, you sit in the seat stated it’s not difficult. 
It's fine if you have a group of mates who can all buy tickets at the same time, or if you have tickets together set aside or can pick your actual seat on a plan of the stand. If the stand is going to be sold out (or close to sold out) then it make sense too. The problem with making games all ticket with allocated seats is when the stand isn't near to capacity, and when you have some folk who follow it and some who don't. Now that the stand looks like it might be nearly full, it's probably fair enough although for some folk it'll mean picking up individual tickets here and there rather than spotting a few pals in the queue or at the pie stand then just sitting with them.

The name and address thing is an absolute nonsense though and is just yet another piece of ill thought out legislation which makes no sense, even less so when you see what fans of the big Glasgow clubs get away with even though their games are all all-ticket and are at grounds with a heavy police presence and good quality cctv.

The whole allocated seating and name and address shit is laughable nonsense. Firstly, there's never trouble at these games inside the ground. Secondly, it won't stop anything were it to happen. If someone in a crowd of folk runs down the front and chucks something at a player for example then allocated seating means nothing. 

They really need to stop treating fans like criminals who are absolutely itching to cause trouble at all times. 

Archived