Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ugh. I hope not. It's a dance only for utter wankers

Modern world mate. The other thing youngsters say is “accept the L” while doing that loser sign. Children can be so cruel.

Anyway, hopefully the Rovers can get a result and avoid all that unpleasantness as we walk up Pratt Street. If we get humped I will probably sneak away along Links Street.

How are Pars playing? Who are your best players this season?

24 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Expect a low home support as well

We’ve not played them at Starks for a couple of years and the Cup is a nice distraction from the league at the moment. That said, only a couple of thousand of us turned up in the holidays for the East Fife game and the Occasionals won’t have been impressed by that performance.

32 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Modern world mate. The other thing youngsters say is “accept the L” while doing that loser sign. Children can be so cruel.

Anyway, hopefully the Rovers can get a result and avoid all that unpleasantness as we walk up Pratt Street. If we get humped I will probably sneak away along Links Street.

I shall batter any child who does that wanky dance.

Anyway, our form has been poor, but we produce the occasional decent performance 

Keena, Longridge, Thomson and Beadling are the guys to look out for.

I'm particularly in love with joe thomson , him and beadling are 2 great midfielders. Keena is also a premiership striker in waiting

Unfortunately who they line up alongside aren't showing any sort of form.

Whilst a break from our pretty turgid league campaign is of course welcome, I'm a bit wary of the fact there is usually a decent gap when teams from our leagues play, and Dunfermline have players that could hurt us. 

Whilst a break from our pretty turgid league campaign is of course welcome, I'm a bit wary of the fact there is usually a decent gap when teams from our leagues play, and Dunfermline have players that could hurt us. 

Jackson Longridge is going to kick you very hard behind the knee, but at least you're expecting it.

Looking forward to having an atmosphere of sorts in Stark’s Park again and also hearing the crowd-pleasing Wee Team song. Always popular on these occasions.

A few ex-Rovers in the Pars squad too. Has big M’voto been punted?

C210033D-6AD8-4F47-9F28-EE23E7F106AD.png

Should go to a flat 4-4-2. Smith and Fais up front, Hippolyte and Higginbotham as the 2 genuine wide men.

Robinson, Crags, Durnan, Ashcroft, Longridge, Higgy, Thomson, Beadling, Hippo, Fais, Smith.

12 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I'm a bit wary of the fact there is usually a decent gap when teams from our leagues play, and Dunfermline have players that could hurt us. 

Don't worry. No team in the Championship has really shown anything much to differentiate themselves from the lower league masses (of which I am happy to be included). Get it right up them.

Nice to get a break from the league and actually have a crowd, atmosphere and big game feel back at Stark’s. Any idea how many tickets have been sold? Is it too much to expect 2500-3000 from us? The game not being on TV should help the crowd. I’d expect around 2500 from Dunfermline also.

Neither team are really going into this too high on confidence. However, I think it’ll be quite a high scoring encounter, going to predict 3-2. Cup cliche number one but we’ll need to be at our best and hope Dunfermline have a slight off day.

In terms of lineup, whilst we’d all like to see McKay in for Davo, JM isn’t throwing him into a game like this. I think the only change will be Flanagan in for Buchanan with Vaughan moving behind Duggan and being able to drop into midfield when we’re defending.

Shame Nisbet will still be out, would be a lot more confident with him in place of Duggan. I would also be tempted to bring in Dingwall but although Armstrong has dropped off in recent weeks he’s still a match winner on his day and I’d be hopeful he’ll want to sign off in style.

Not too confident as the gulf will likely be substantial. That said, 90 mins and at home etc.

2000 in the away end is good for the coffers and it will be nice to have an atmosphere at Home. f**k me I hate the seaside league...

Here is an honest question in good faith (i.e. not a point scorer or any crowd wankery), but I've always wondered why do the Pars not tend to bring a bit more away from home considering how much bigger your home gate is? When we play at EEP or say a 5th round tie at Easter Road, even when we are doing shite, we effectively take our entire average home gate of 1500ish ( sometimes a tad more, sometimes a tad less, but approx 100% of the home crowd goes away). What stops the 1500 home fans not jaunting along so you would have 3500 at San Starko? Has there always been a larger 'home only' element in the Pars support? Or is it just natural that the lower the home gate the higher % of fans will tend to travel, as those who go at home will be more 'committed'? Or do you think I have this wrong?

(Additional context: The reason I ask is that is frustrates the hell out of me when clubs in the Prem (Hibs, Hearts, the Old Filth etc.) are praised* for travelling in 'great numbers' when in reality they are only taking around 20% or 10% of there home gate, respectively (with no consideration of % of fanbase travelling, which is surely the real measure of 'the fans being out in great numbers', i.e. it is contextual).  I imagine almost all clubs will take 10 or 20% at minimum almost every away game. I remember Hibs having just over a thousand at Starks one game we played them. Probably about 7.5% of their home gate. For the Rovers that would be like a travelling crowd of only 100!)

*wanked silly

Archived