Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Please ignore the other two threads, which have terrible titles and horrible formatting.

An excellent draw for both sides and hopefully a big crowd in Kirkcaldy on the 19th January. I've seen some suggesting this could be moved for TV but they are hopelessly naive.

I can't fathom AJ still being in charge by the time this game comes around so hopefully the new man can make a good early impression with a derby win. Will be nice nostalgia to see McGlynn beaten again.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Please ignore the other two threads, which have terrible titles and horrible formatting.

An excellent draw for both sides and hopefully a big crowd in Kirkcaldy on the 19th January. I've seen some suggesting this could be moved for TV but they are hopelessly naive.

I can't fathom AJ still being in charge by the time this game comes around so hopefully the new man can make a good early impression with a derby win. Will be nice nostalgia to see McGlynn beaten again.

With players you can't afford I presume?

Decent draw for both teams as it should be a healthy crowd and help the finances of us both. It’s probably the pick of the ties this round and should really be on TV but this is Scotland so expect them to show 2 one sided kick-abouts involving the bigot brothers instead of a game that might actually be decent.

We’ll fancy our chances at home and a derby can be a leveler but we are the league below for a reason so the Pars will rightly be favoutites for the win.

Great to have the REAL derby back let the banter begin!

The cheek of EF supporters getting it up us after beating us once in 30 years. 

Like wildly celebrating an 89th minute tap-in when your team is already 9-0 doon. 

Looking forward to this game. We'd give them a game of it just now, never mind in January when we're at full tilt and full of confidence after making up ground on Arbroath. 

12 hours ago, Frank conner said:

With players you can't afford I presume?

Seeing as we've made a profit for about three consecutive years now, I'd gently ask you to not partake in such wild defamation.

I'd also be upset if my team finally had an advantage over our rivals for the first time and threw it all away by getting relegated by Brechin City - but there's no reason to lower the tone of festivities with your bitter rants.

I'm sure the Rovers fans will create a carnival atmosphere on the day and I truly hope they enjoy the occasion.

I'm sure the Rovers fans will create a carnival atmosphere on the day and I truly hope they enjoy the occasion.

Speaking of carnival atmospheres will Dunfermline fans rock up with banners and march to the ground from O’Connells like last time?

I can't help but think an injury time winner from big Nat would be the preferred outcome for this one.

The Pars are obviously clear favourites but if we have a full squad by then, we might have half a chance of at least forcing a replay. Looking at the Pars' home record this season we might have had a better chance at East End.

Archived