Dundee v Queens

Northfield 53

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were much the better side first half and fully merited our lead. The equaliser was a bit cheap and against the run of play. Nice finish though.

Second half Dundee had much more of the ball, we got deeper and played more on the break. They did very little with their extra  possession though whilst we could have had 2 or 3 more. One excellent tip over from Dobbie, one block at Todd's feet and then someone blocked the rebound on the line, and at least three times Todd cut back from the by-line and couldnt find a Queens player.

Would certainly have taken a draw this morning but it feels like a chance missed.

We were much the better side first half and fully merited our lead. The equaliser was a bit cheap and against the run of play. Nice finish though.
Second half Dundee had much more of the ball, we got deeper and played more on the break. They did very little with their extra  possession though whilst we could have had 2 or 3 more. One excellent tip over from Dobbie, one block at Todd's feet and then someone blocked the rebound on the line, and at least three times Todd cut back from the by-line and couldnt find a Queens player.
Would certainly have taken a draw this morning but it feels like a chance missed.
This!!

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Todd chance was similar to the Doyle goal last week he has to go across the keeper.The rebound he should score he is inside the 6 yard box open goal in saying that apart from that Todd had a good game.

The most important thing  is that we are still in the Cup 

On 1/19/2019 at 18:29, palmy_cammy said:

I was at the game, but unlike you I hadn’t been smoking crack before it.

Genuinely baffled Dundee fans are viewing that as a positive performance. It really must have been a poor season up until today. We battered them for probably 70 minutes today. I can’t remember a single Martin save.

Battered. :lol: You were the better team but bar the goal there was absolutely nothing of note. If the keeper didn't make the saves he made they'd have went down as absolute howlers from him.

On 1/19/2019 at 21:03, qos_75 said:

Where’s IronChicken when you need him? He would have the open top bus image on here with such a positive result for the Dees.

He's not posted in a decade.

I quite liked the look of the lad Dykes. Dominated Innis.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Battered. :lol: You were the better team but bar the goal there was absolutely nothing of note. If the keeper didn't make the saves he made they'd have went down as absolute howlers from him.

That's daft.

The save from the Dobbie header in the first half was a good one, as was the tip over in the second half.

Had Todd's shot when one on one with the goalkeeper in the second half slipped past him, nobody would remotely have criticised the 'keeper, let alone cited a "howler".

Some Dundee fans really do seem to have missed chunks of the game.

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's daft.

The save from the Dobbie header in the first half was a good one, as was the tip over in the second half.

Had Todd's shot when one on one with the goalkeeper in the second half slipped past him, nobody would remotely have criticised the 'keeper, let alone cited a "howler".

The tip over was going wide from my angle. The Dobbie header was about 15 yards out and didn't have much power behind in. And yes, people would have criticised him for the one on one that was straight at him if he missed it.

Some Queen's fans really do seem to be desperate to paint the game as something it wasn't.

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's daft.

The early header was not that big of a threat, considering the slow speed of the header and the size and reach of the keeper. QoS was definitely more threatening, but aside from the goal itself Dieng had pretty much everything handled. Aside from those 2 or 3 scares, the second half was pretty comfortable from my perspective, though no doubt unbearably frustrating. Gotta say though, I enjoyed the way you guys attacked, I could only dream we had enough cajones to actually try that instead of dancing around the box wasting time waiting for someone to do something.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The tip over was going wide from my angle. The Dobbie header was about 15 yards out and didn't have much power behind in. And yes, people would have criticised him for the one on one that was straight at him if he missed it.

Some Queen's fans really do seem to be desperate to paint the game as something it wasn't.

The tip over might actually have already been too high - I'll give you that, but there's no way it was going wide.

The one on one was obviously a great chance.  I'd agree that it was more of a miss than an incredible save, but again, had it slipped past or under the goalkeeper, he wouldn't have been criticised at all.

I think there's also a failure at play, to recognise quite how good the chances repeatedly were when Todd reached the by line near the post.  We should definitely have converted at least one of those.  Dundee were let off the hook.

I think there’s blinkers on both sides of this to be honest. 

We had a great chance when the Queens defence made an arse of a backpass, and if Jesse Curran had passed right instead of left Kenny Miller was clean through. 

Queens had their two aforementioned chances but I can’t remember any other time in the second half where I felt genuinely concerned we were about to concede. 

9 hours ago, The Master said:

Queens had their two aforementioned chances but I can’t remember any other time in the second half where I felt genuinely concerned we were about to concede. 

Well I can only assume you're an impressively unflappable character.

I envy that.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well I can only assume you're an impressively unflappable character.

I envy that.

Not really.

Most games I’m convinced the opposition will score every time they’re in possession.  

Archived