Dundee v Queens

Northfield 53

Diving saves from your keeper with the Dobbie header first half and then the tip over the bar in the second are the two that come to mind. Think we will likely get four trips to Dundee next season. 

So 2 saves? that’s hardly a battering is it? Not to mention your little f**k up at the back which had us a pube away from scoring in the second half. Bar the two goals, those 3 events were the only main chances of the game. Based on that, a draw was a fair result.

And yes, you probably will.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if a draw was fair we must have been shite as well?

You’re an average side in the league below. I’ve no idea if that sort of performance is normal at that level or not. If you were a premiership team then yes, I’d say you were shite today.

Disappointed not to win that one, Dundee were definitely there for the taking. They knocked the ball around nicely at times, had lots of possession, but threatened very little all game. Nevertheless a one goal lead never felt like quite enough, and even with three defenders around the scorer, all backing off rather than closing him down, it was almost inevitable that Curran was going to stick the ball in the net to prevent us from taking a deserved half time lead. Apart from a hopeful Miller shot well over the bar, that was about their only opportunity of the first half. 

To be honest, I thought the only time Dundee looked remotely dangerous in the second half was when the Queens defence contrived to put themselves in trouble, not for the first time in the game, but Dundee rarely tested our centre back pairing of a fairly raw looking novice and a utility player pressed into service in defence. 

Todd played really well, but on a number of occasions when he broke down the left and squared the ball across goal, few of his team-mates were threatening to get into a sufficiently advanced position to take advantage. 

At no stage did I ever think we were going to lose today, but it definitely felt like an opportunity missed. We still have a decent chance of progressing, but Dundee surely can’t be that bad again in the replay.

While it is disappointing that Fordyce is injured - the inclusion of Stirling and Doyle retreating to CB made us look a better side.

No failures and a very good all round team performance. Marshall, Low and Todd (especially) were first class. Very seldom do you see us getting to the byeline repeatedly against a Prem team away but we couldn’t fully capitalise.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

You didn’t really put us under any pressure at all to be honest. Still think a draw was fair - which is a depressing thought. Hopefully we turn up in the replay.

This is just staggering stuff.

Presumably some type of wind up.

This is just staggering stuff.
Presumably some type of wind up.

I’m baffled that our keeper having to make 2 saves all game equates to us being “battered”. Given the fact that you have such a good goal scorer in Stephen Dobbie I’m surprised that you couldn’t take advantage of this complete domination.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m baffled that our keeper having to make 2 saves all game equates to us being “battered”. Given the fact that you have such a good goal scorer in Stephen Dobbie I’m surprised that you couldn’t take advantage of this complete domination.

Not being "put under any pressure" is just a laughable reading of events.

Not being "put under any pressure" is just a laughable reading of events.

I felt reasonable confident in the second half that we wouldn’t lose the game - which is extremely unusual, especially this season. Not sure why so many people are struggling to grasp what I’m saying - I don’t think either side did enough to win hence a draw was a fair result.

31 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Todd has been in incredible form recently. As cammy said, get an extension on the table before someone else comes in.

Time a few players were getting signed up for next season. 

Being honest I thought Queens looked pretty decent and I’d love to have Dobie in our team. The guy’s a class act. However whilst I thought Queens were by far the better team in the first half I thought we definitely shaded the second. There was about 20 minutes when Queens couldn’t get out of their own half. If it was a boxing match Queens would have won on points with a split decision. On the evidence of this match you guys are the dark horses for promotion. Nicky Low has lost a fair bit of weight in Ireland. He was a podgy wee fucker when he played for us. Good luck to you anyway, I like QotS.

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

So 2 saves? that’s hardly a battering is it? Not to mention your little f**k up at the back which had us a pube away from scoring in the second half. Bar the two goals, those 3 events were the only main chances of the game. Based on that, a draw was a fair result.

And yes, you probably will.

So bar the two goals, Queens had twice as many chances as Dundee.

Archived