Dundee v Queens

Northfield 53

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally undeserved goal. We’ve been dreadful. 

Second to every ball, zero fight in midfield and shakey at the back. 

Will need a vast improvement in the second half if we’re to even get a replay.

Ach well. The stats would suggest we edged it but the result is all that matters. Bottom of the league or not, it's good we can hold our own.

A reply really isn't great though given the size of our squad. 29th August for the reply?

We are pretty pish. 

Jesse Curran is incredibly meh. Not convinced by the centre half pairing and if a midfield of Woods and McGowan is the answer, what the f**k is the question. Cammy Kerr is very poor  

On a positive note, thought the new signings looked okay overall. The winger Dales looks much more dangerous than Deacon/Curran. 

Ach well. The stats would suggest we edged it but the result is all that matters. Bottom of the league or not, it's good we can hold our own.

A reply really isn't great though given the size of our squad. 29th August for the reply?

Draw was fair I’d say. No use comparing yourselves to us with regards to premiership quality.

I don't fancy us in the replay at all.  The only glimmer of hope is that we should have a few more bodies in who'll hopefully upgrade is in areas where we're clearly lacking.

At least we're still in the draw and I won't need to watch it tomorrow and cry with envy.

Leaving Dundee disappointed with a draw shows where we are just now. The home side were there for the taking and we really should have won. If we subsequently lose the replay it will be a big chance missed, but right now it feels positive with the continuation of the last few weeks good form.

Dundee were woeful with McGowan the only one looking like any sort of threat. The goal was well taken but came from our only real mistake at the back as we backed off and invited the shot.

Great backing from our fans from the first minute.

Also Cammy Kerr will be having nightmares about Josh Todd tonight. Unbelievable performance. Get. Him. Signed. Up.

Barry Maguire and Mr Versatile Mikey Doyle also deserve a special mention. I’ve no idea how soon before kick off Doyle knew he’d be playing in a different role but he took to it as if he’d played their all season. Barry Maguire put in a very mature performance considering it was his second start with a different partner.

Leaving Dundee disappointed with a draw shows where we are just now. The home side were there for the taking and we really should have won. If we subsequently lose the replay it will be a big chance missed, but right now it feels positive with the continuation of the last few weeks good form.

Dundee were woeful with McGowan the only one looking like any sort of threat. The goal was well taken but came from our only real mistake at the back as we backed off and invited the shot.

Great backing from our fans from the first minute.

Think you’re getting a bit carried away. We were shite but it’s not as if you battered us. Neither team really created anything all game and a draw was a fair result.

We’ll have had a few more games under our belt and the signings will have had tome to bed in and hopefully we’ll have a couple more in the draw. If we turn up, we should win.

Think you’re getting a bit carried away. We were shite but it’s not as if you battered us. Neither team really created anything all game and a draw was a fair result.

We’ll have had a few more games under our belt and the signings will have had tome to bed in and hopefully we’ll have a couple more in the draw. If we turn up, we should win.

The stats and views of both managers would suggest I’m bang on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46847742

First half was pretty awful, felt like McCann was back in charge with the amount of back-passing and painting the edges of the box without running through it. QoS' direct attack was much more dangerous, and the goal was inevitable sadly. Of course I had to go out and miss our equaliser, but it was definitely against the run of play.

The second half was more positive, and I feel it's safe to say we were easily the better side throughout it. New subs were a breath of fresh air and made us look legit dangerous at times. However, our inability to take defenders on once again led to a grand total of 0 shots on target in the second half. We need to get far more aggressive in attacking, as I want to give up every time we just run around, looking busy but with nothing happening. Also, we have to be the slowest team in Scotland. No wonder we're so bad when other teams break, cos we're never prepared for it. Overall, some positives over the team last year but a lot of the same as well. At least the Championship side we played is hot right now, making the result look a little better.

Individual Player Summaries

Dieng - Promising stuff, plethora of good saves that kept us in the game. Hopefully we see more of that than his conduct prior to Dobbie's goal.
Kerr - Thought he played well today, some good decisions won. Passing was a bit off at times though, but he's not unique in that regard.
Inniss - Pretty poor, no wonder he's like our 4th choice CB. All he has is height really, allowing for easy headers and occasionally good tackles,  but seems to switch off far too much.
Kusunga - Same as per usual. When he's playing well, he's the best defender we have with his composure and touch. When he's not, he's a bombscare actively trying to let the other team score. Was largely decent today IMO.
Ralph - Decent. Can't really think of anything he did that affected us negatively.

J. Curran - Aside from the goal he scored, he looked pretty iffy. Some bad choices with the ball, and rough passing. However, it's good to see somebody having a go, and we need more of that.
Woods - Was ok. Didn't do anything too remarkable today.
McGowan - Same as Woods. Our midfield isn't too inspiring, to say the least.
Deacon - Pish. Sad to say it cos I like him, but he just wasn't up to the task today.

C. Curran - Seemed alright from what I remember. Was always on the ball, keeping up with play and occasionally threatening. Hopefully he can become more of an impact player.
Miller - Hardly noticed him during the game. When I did, it was when he made a decision which baffled me. I'd hoped the experienced veteran on our team wouldn't make so many bizarre errors.

Dales - Breath of fresh air compared to Deacon in the 2nd half. Seems hungry and has skill, though his pace varied from fast to surprisingly slow. Look forward to see him in the future.
Nelson - Most exciting player of the day. The pace and game awareness of this boy is immense, and almost created goal opportunities out of nothing. Very promising stuff, excited to see what he can do for the full 90 mins.

The stats and views of both managers would suggest I’m bang on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46847742

Were you at the game? Those stats don’t tell much, as I can’t remember our keeper making a save that wasn’t comfortably straight at him. You guys were better in the first half and we were better in the second half. Draw fair.

Were you at the game? Those stats don’t tell much, as I can’t remember our keeper making a save that wasn’t comfortably straight at him. You guys were better in the first half and we were better in the second half. Draw fair.

“I'm pleased to still be in the cup if I'm being brutally honest.”

J. McIntyre 2019

Archived