Dundee v Queens

Northfield 53

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This comes at a decent time for us where we come off the back of 2 fantastic wins. Little bit of momentum, reinforcements and a fully fit and firing Sir Stephen Dobbie means I'm a little optimistic. Will the break help or hinder Dundee?

Well we can’t get any worse but I can’t see it getting any better.

Anyone got a link to the ticket prices for away fans -adults and kids.

Can’t do a link to the actual page, but if you click on “buy tickets” then “buy tickets” again then click on the blob for any stand, the ticket prices come up.
https://dundeefc.co.uk/

The pricing details are on our OS at last!

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4297

Usually I'd say the Premiership side having a break is usually an advantage to them but if you are coming off the last two wins, i don't think tiredness comes into it, I can't imagine McIntyre with Dundee in their current state having a fun filled break by any stretch. Them having Hearts midweek isn't a bad thing for us either or the fact they haven't done all that much business as of today

The obvious point is that we didn't beat Partick but looking back we put out such an odd team  because of injury and St Johnstone not being very helpful with Dykes/Rankin in the centre of midfield,  Myles Beerman, Kyle Cameron on  as an impact sub straight after we equalised via a fluke Ross Fergusson goal. My memory fails me but did we play 3 at the back with Rooney as a centre half? I'd like to think that the current side would swat that team apart.  

Obviously Dundee fans don't need reminded about how bad they've been this season (Feels nice to write however), though the last 6  games prior to the break is about as tough as you get , they haven't been as bad in games against similar teams. Even if Kamara isn't there they should still have enough  for playing a Championship side now they have more competent manager in charge. You can point to us being held at arms length by Motherwell  away from home earlier this season. Yet you see the state of their central defence/goalkeeper, them being a  side desperate for a win in any form, to start the second half positively and the worst outcome for Dundee is having a replay so they'll probably be quite attacking out from the start. If we can survive that and get Dens at it's twitchiest then our proficiency on the counter could be the key.  

The obvious point is that we didn't beat Partick but looking back we put out such an odd team  because of injury and St Johnstone not being very helpful with Dykes/Rankin in the centre of midfield,  Myles Beerman, Kyle Cameron on  as an impact sub straight after we equalised via a fluke Ross Fergusson goal. My memory fails me but did we play 3 at the back with Rooney as a centre half? I'd like to think that the current side would swat that team apart.  

We played a 3-4-1-2 formation according to the OS.

Martin
Rooney Fordyce Brownlie
Mercer Rankin Dykes Beerman
Thomson
Fergusson Dobbie

61’ Cameron on for Fordyce
69’ Murray on for Beerman
82’ Stirling on for Fergusson

Unused subs, Leighfield, Bell, Akubuine, Gourlay

This seasons team would shag them silly

17 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Yes. Only game Maguire wouldn’t be able to play in would be any fixture against Motherwell if we were to firstly beat Dundee, and secondly draw the Well.

Thanks,  I was aware of this but do the parent Club sometimes stop loaned out players from playing in earlier cup games in case they are recalled from loan and needed by their parent club in later rounds.  Maybe Maguire is not far enough up the pecking order at Motherwell for this to be necessary. 

12 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

The pricing details are on our OS at last!

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4297

Been up on the OS for a few days now tbf. 

19 minutes ago, dd23 said:

Pish.
That's what it will be.

Dundee FC play their football in the Scottish Premiership which is a higher level than Queens currently play at. In reality they a have a lot of decent players in their team and I'm sure they will eventually pull away from any relegation threat . This will not be an easy game for Queens, every player is going to have to be at the top of their game to achieve anything from this tie. I would be more than happy with a draw coming from this toughie I would think! 

Hopefully get to this game but really dont expect too much. Although when we played St Johnstone earlier the season we matched them  pretty well for the first 80 odd minutes i felt we faded  away and they did seem that bit fitter and stronger esp in extra time. I would imagine Dundee will be similar but you never know.In addition our bench is very limited.

Many buses going up ?

19 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Hopefully get to this game but really dont expect too much. Although when we played St Johnstone earlier the season we matched them  pretty well for the first 80 odd minutes i felt we faded  away and they did seem that bit fitter and stronger esp in extra time. I would imagine Dundee will be similar but you never know.In addition our bench is very limited.

Many buses going up ?

We were unlucky against St Johnstone to be fair. Wasn’t much between the teams. 

400 odd expected to make the journey. 

Kusunga is fit so I’d imagine it’ll be him and big Innis centre half.

Parish/Dieng

Kerr Kusunga Innis Ralph
Curran Woods McGowan Dales
Miller Nelson/Curran

If we are allowed to play with 13 players and two goalkeepers then I fancy us to get a draw.

Kusunga is fit so I’d imagine it’ll be him and big Innis centre half.

Parish/Dieng

Kerr Kusunga Innis Ralph
Curran Woods McGowan Dales
Miller Nelson/Curran

I think it will be Dieng in goal and we will start with Curran up with Miller, bringing on Nelson when QotS defence starts to tire.

We’ll probably be 3 down to a Dobie hat trick at that point however.

Looking forward to today just to see the new guys in action. Queens obviously had a tremendous result last week and I'm really not confident given how our defence and central midfield are likely to look. They've shortened to about 3/1 which is still massively overpriced.

Nevertheless we're absolutely desperate for a decent run in the cup and I'll predict an optimistic 2-1 with Kenny Miller getting both our goals. 

Archived