Queens v Partick

Not mentioned yet, but the foul language from one of the Partick defenders (Scobbie I think) during the second half at set pieces was appalling. Should have been warned by the ref at least.. Also, if it wasn't a penalty why did the forward not get booked?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not mentioned yet, but the foul language from one of the Partick defenders (Scobbie I think) during the second half at set pieces was appalling. Should have been warned by the ref at least.. Also, if it wasn't a penalty why did the forward not get booked?

Shame on him for using naughty words.

11 hours ago, JessieField said:

Maybe learned some off Doyle then....

Our manager thought it was a pen too. God knows what Mikey Doyle would have said then. Stressful stuff. Thought Thistle were very unlucky, having played the better stuff for 60 of the 96 (!!)mins. Very glad to get the win though. Cannot see Dobbs going up to Dingwall and very possibly he is out for weeks. Testing time ahead.

Maybe learned some off Doyle then....
Our manager thought it was a pen too. God knows what Mikey Doyle would have said then. Stressful stuff. Thought Thistle were very unlucky, having played the better stuff for 60 of the 96 (!!)mins. Very glad to get the win though. Cannot see Dobbs going up to Dingwall and very possibly he is out for weeks. Testing time ahead.
Doyle said pretty much what I said last night when I saw the still photo - that he pulled out of the kick and Spittal jumped into him.

Going to be really interesting to see the highlights

Against my better judgement, watched the jagzone highlights. Fitzpatrick offside call belowis very tight and people have a wonderful ability to see straight lines across a pitch diagonally depending on what side they support, I think it's irrelevant as the Queens keeper more or less stops having seen the flag go up.

Can't really tell about the penalty either as typically for jagzone the zoom is set to as far out as possible.

image.thumb.png.4ae8bf88ec7bebb668736836956ec3df.png

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Against my better judgement, watched the jagzone highlights. Fitzpatrick offside call belowis very tight and people have a wonderful ability to see straight lines across a pitch diagonally depending on what side they support, I think it's irrelevant as the Queens keeper more or less stops having seen the flag go up.

Can't really tell about the penalty either as typically for jagzone the zoom is set to as far out as possible.

Amafanny. I was wondering why the play button wasn't working.

Really? Following the line of the pitch he looks just ahead of Mercer

Yeah I'd say he's in line at worst. I'd have been fizzing if we hadn't got that. I think if the linesman was at the other side of the pitch he wouldn't give that because he would see Mercer, but Quitongo will be blocking his view of Mercer from where he is.

At the time I thought he was comfortably offside but going by that still I think we dodged a bullet.
Amafanny. I was wondering why the play button wasn't working.
Is it not playing for you?

2 hours ago, Reid said:

I thought at the time he was a couple of yards off but he looks on from that. The keeper didn’t bother to try and save it though.

Yeah this. I'd like to see the actual video rather than a still which isn't necessarily exactly when the ball was released. It appears very tight though whereas at the time I thought he was comfortably off.

Martin didn't try to save it though and the Thistle player I thought actually shot before he would have in natural play. Both players I think were aware of the offside. It was a good chance if he was onside but it wouldn't have played out as it did if the flag had stayed down. Maybe he'd have scored, maybe he wouldn't have.

Thistle were unlucky though. It wasn't a great game of football from either side but a draw would have been fair. I'm surprised Thistle are where they are to be honest. They looked fairly decent against us at Firhill, especially first half, where our 3-2 deficit flattered us for me. We might have had an equaliser second half where Thistle had far less of the ball but I thought they deserved their win. They just look completely bereft of confidence and lacking a serious goal threat. Not sure if Doolan is done or just affected by the lack of confidence in him and others?

20 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Thistle player looks onside to me although it is very close. To be honest had Thistle equalised i wouldn,t have grudged them a draw.

Archived