Queens v Partick

Do we concede more goals from crosses than other teams, or is it that we give our opponents more crossing opportunities due to wingers that don’t track back and full backs that aren’t very good defenders and are also encouraged to get forward? Just a thought.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Should pull a Ballybrack and get this game postponed as we'd had a phone call confirming Miles Storey had died. 

Then on the Monday say it was a bad line and the phone call was confirming Miles Storey is dire. 

Some things shouldn't even be said in jest!

Bad taste indeed.

Without a doubt. Any QoS fan saying otherwise is kidding themselves on.
I'm a season ticket holder at Queens for a good number of years and I've been worried right from the start of this one. Definitely agree that without Dobbie we would struggle to stay in this league. No strength in depth.

5 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

IF Miles Storey produces a cross that Thistle score from. Serious questions must be asked about Queen’s defensive fortitude...

I'd be asking why Queens built a wall on the other side of the pitch anyway.

Do we concede more goals from crosses than other teams, or is it that we give our opponents more crossing opportunities due to wingers that don’t track back and full backs that aren’t very good defenders and are also encouraged to get forward? Just a thought.
Probably a combination of the two. It still makes for frustratingly dreadful stats. It seriously boils my piss the number of corners/crosses/freekicks we lose but in the defences defence (lawl) the wide players don't do enough preventing crosses from coming in.

7 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I guess the test of that would be comparing how many goals we concede from set piece crosses and those from open play

Our Manager doing his usual pre- match interviews in the papers,  talking up the opposition rather than concentrating on his own teams strengths and approach to the game.  Maybe just my imagination but it seems to be his approach to interviews when talking about every game. Maybe he reads Negative Northfield's posts as inspiration for his interviews. 

Anyway I hope Queens take a leaf out of Ayr's performance last night and getintaethem. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Our Manager doing his usual pre- match interviews in the papers,  talking up the opposition rather than concentrating on his own teams strengths and approach to the game.  

Too be fair we're a much bigger team than Queens will ever be...

22 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Too be fair we're a much bigger team than Queens will ever be...

I would be more worried about how utter shite your team is and the steady decline of such a big club that is so much bigger than Queens.

To be fair

18 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I would be more worried about how utter shite your team is and the steady decline of such a big club that is so much bigger than Queens.

To be fair

Thanks for biting :lol:

Archived