Queens v Partick

Even in games where we've appeared more solid at the back we've managed to gift the opposition a goal through an individual error.

We don't seem to offer the opposition that many chances but the conversion rate of those offered up must be extremely high.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'll be surprised and delighted if we keep a clean sheet. There appears very little confidence between our defenders and either of our goalkeepers. The defence also suffers from periods of uncertainty or lack of concentration and a tendency to give away soft fouls in dangerous positions. We still haven't learnt how to deal with crosses into the box.  Our midfield needs to be better at winning the ball further up the park and managing not to give it away again so easily  Jacobs I'm looking at you,  that will keep a bit of pressure off the defence.  We have managed a few clean sheets this season so we know it can be done,  so hopefully we're not relying on Dobbie,  Dykes, (or anybody else please)  scoring enough goals to cancel out any the opposition might manage. 

Not much point turning up after that appraisal.

you would think we had the worst defensive record in the league. Check it out.... we don’t.

Don’t jump on the soft foul rubbish. It was one foul against ICT In one game.

2 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Not much point turning up after that appraisal.

you would think we had the worst defensive record in the league. Check it out.... we don’t.

Don’t jump on the soft foul rubbish. It was one foul against ICT In one game.

My mistake,  everything is fine,  players aren't making elementary mistakes,  we're defending balls into the box without any problem,  our defenders/midfielders  are as calm as Beckenbauer on the ball.  We've got the best goalkeepers in the division,  decisive and commanding their area.  Jacobs' ball winning and distribution is faultless, 100% success rate. 

Is that better for you?   

I have witnessed plenty of soft/stupid fouls conceded,  not focusing on just  one game. Of course every team is going to concede fouls,  you can't cut them all out,  but pushing or holding when there is no great danger is just stupid, careless defending. 

Even in games where we've appeared more solid at the back we've managed to gift the opposition a goal through an individual error.
We don't seem to offer the opposition that many chances but the conversion rate of those offered up must be extremely high.

Due to Cammy Bell being shite.

30 minutes ago, Reid said:

Due to Cammy Bell being shite.

Definetly a big part of that. He’s not helped by the sieve in front of him and they in turn have been lacking a defensive midfielder to take the pressure off of them in turn. ( Bannigan is doing his best but every other tackle is a foul or yellow card with him. He needs an enforcer type player in there, imo. ) 

your reply to my point is as much an over reaction to your initial point.

Basically you are talking shite. We lose as many goals from crosses as any other team. We win as many defensive headers as other teams. We give away the second least amount of fouls in the league.

thats just for starters. 

What we have is a standard mid table side with one or two very good players mixed with championship standard players.

the sooner you see that the better

Would QotS be relegation zone material without Dobbie? Not a wind up btw. 
I mean we could probably lose any player from this team and it wouldn't make a difference... We'd obvs still be shite. 

Without a doubt. Any QoS fan saying otherwise is kidding themselves on.

Basically you are talking shite. We lose as many goals from crosses as any other team.

I don't have the stats to back it up but I highly doubt this. Our record at conceding from crosses is absolutely appalling and is quite easily our Achilles heel. I can't recall reading match threads where the opposition bring it up as much as we do.

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, thistledo said:
I mean we could probably lose any player from this team and it wouldn't make a difference... We'd obvs still be shite. 

Without a doubt. Any QoS fan saying otherwise is kidding themselves on.

Here we go again......

Dobbie is important to us. We are clearly much better with him than without him. However I for one expect that if he was unavailable we would probably opt to play someone else and not just field ten men. If he wasnt here at all other strikers would be at the club. There's no reason particularly to presume we would be down with Falkirk without one player.

We managed to win at Tannadice last season without him.

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Here we go again......

Dobbie is important to us. We are clearly much better with him than without him. However I for one expect that if he was unavailable we would probably opt to play someone else and not just field ten men. If he wasnt here at all other strikers would be at the club. There's no reason particularly to presume we would be down with Falkirk without one player.

Well at least that lays to rest the speculation from some folk on here that Dobbie is being funded by somebody outside the club and therefore he isn’t using up any of the budget. If his wages could be used on other players, that means he is part of the budget, either because the club is paying for him in full or because the external source would pay for other players if necessary.

Here we go again......
Indeed. We'd just need another 20 goal a season striker, piece of piss ;)

9 hours ago, thistledo said:

Yes we would.

Despite SD's point that in his absence we'd field someone else, it's absolutely certain that that someone would be very much less effective than Dobbie is for us.

In this era of mediocre players and sharply declining gates, it really is incredible that Dobbie plays for us.  We'll look back with wonder at that fact when his career comes to an end.

There aren't guarantees that we'd be in relegation bother without him, but I think it's very reasonable to suggest it's entirely likely.

He's that good, and even with him, we're that ordinary.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes we would.

Despite SD's point that in his absence we'd field someone else, it's absolutely certain that that someone would be very much less effective than Dobbie is for us.

In this era of mediocre players and sharply declining gates, it really is incredible that Dobbie plays for us.  We'll look back with wonder at that fact when his career comes to an end.

There aren't guarantees that we'd be in relegation bother without him, but I think it's very reasonable to suggest it's entirely likely.

He's that good, and even with him, we're that ordinary.

Agree with all that .

18 hours ago, SueSue said:

Basically you are talking shite. We lose as many goals from crosses as any other team. We win as many defensive headers as other teams. We give away the second least amount of fouls in the league.

thats just for starters. 

What we have is a standard mid table side with one or two very good players mixed with championship standard players.

the sooner you see that the better

I don't think I've highlighted any deficiencies in our play that aren't regularly raised by supporters on here.  I am also well aware of the general standard of player we have but that shouldn't excuse them from repeating the same mistakes on a regular basis. 

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't think I've highlighted any deficiencies in our play that aren't regularly raised by supporters on here.  I am also well aware of the general standard of player we have but that shouldn't excuse them from repeating the same mistakes on a regular basis. 

8 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

My point was that players at this standard generally do make the same mistakes. The ones that don’t move on to a higher level.

Archived