(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
21 minutes ago, wintonfan said:
I am laughing at the ayr fans still trying to say they are the big team in ayrshire, never won any major trophies, havent been in the top division since the 70's, ground has had no serious investment in the last 40 years. Talk about delusions of adequacy . Talbot are the non league club others dream of being, more trophies than almost every other club, a ground to be proud of (just needs floodlights) a hard working committee and some of the best fans in the game. I would love to see talbot get a win then hopefully the moneyspinner in glasgow

Aye, and we all know what side of Glasgow!

maybe we will get a half and half scarf from the talbot then?

can't imagine ayr doing that for their big team? Oh wait....

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see why Kilmarnock fans are getting excited here, a good chance to relieve the many Ayrshire derbies over the last 20 or so years where they don't score and get put out. 

Rangers will beat Cowdenbeath though so the lads will be having a good sash bash to make up for it .

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Wait, is flood a Killie fan?

Is a Killie fan having a go at Ayr for their association to rangers? Holy shit.

yeah. you still got your official club produced half and half scarf? 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Can see why Kilmarnock fans are getting excited here, a good chance to relieve the many Ayrshire derbies over the last 20 or so years where they don't score and get put out. 

Rangers will beat Cowdenbeath though so the lads will be having a good sash bash to make up for it .

The last three times the clubs have met in the knock out stages of the cups it’s the Killie that have won.  In fact Ayr never scored in the last two. 

yeah. you still got your official club produced half and half scarf? 

Once again someone claiming that these half and half scarfs exist yet I’ve never actually seen proof of its existence.

If anyone has one I’d be glad to buy it off you to add to my collection which includes a signed top and signed ticket.

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

5 minutes ago, the west curve said:

The last three times the clubs have met in the knock out stages of the cups it’s the Killie that have won.  In fact Ayr never scored in the last two. 

Since my first in 1996 there have been 9 competative derbies and Kilmarnock have failed to score in 6.  We also won the most recent one to nil. 

When they won the first of those two you mention it was 7 days short of being 15 years without a win against us.  

You are totally our bitches ^_^

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Since my first in 1996 there have been 9 competative derbies and Kilmarnock have failed to score in 6.  We also won the most recent one to nil. 

When they won the first of those two you mention it was 7 days short of being 15 years without a win against us.  

You are totally our bitches ^_^

The last one was not a knock out game.  Killie have by far the upper hand in league and cup games between the clubs and are so superior we never meet in the league. I would suggest that in the games you allude to that Killie have failed to score in only four. The last time that Ayr had a wee run in the big league I recall a 6-1 hammering inflicted by the Killie. As for cup games the Killie destroyed Ayr once 5-0 at Scummerset. Aye history has Killie out way on top.  You mentioned almost 15 years but you failed to mention that when Ayr beat Killie in the section last year when Killie did get through that it was the first Ayr win over Killie for sixteen years. Back in your box.

east ayrshire doesn't even have a coastline. It's only permitted to retain the "Ayr" part of its name thanks to the good graces of the county town.

That said, at least Talbot are a sufficiently popular side that their fans won't be taking black and white photocopies of their big team flags with them to the ground.

As for getting televised, I suppose that depends how many hat tricks Shankland bangs in on the upcoming Friday night fixtures.

In all honesty I've got about 4 or 5 Ayr United colleagues who are really looking forward to this tie.

So just a tad disappointed at the amount of negativity from the Ayr fans on here.

Real shame tbh

I expected a lot more negativity

Real shame tbh

I expected a lot more negativity
If these 3 were family this is how it would role,

Kilmarnock oldest of the family
(Gets respected and passes their experiences down the family line. )

Ayr middle child syndrome
( Shut up Meg)

Auchinleck Youngest Child
( Attention Seeking Funny one of the family)

59 minutes ago, the west curve said:

raw

30 minutes ago, the west curve said:

The last one was not a knock out game.  Killie have by far the upper hand in league and cup games between the clubs and are so superior we never meet in the league. I would suggest that in the games you allude to that Killie have failed to score in only four. The last time that Ayr had a wee run in the big league I recall a 6-1 hammering inflicted by the Killie. As for cup games the Killie destroyed Ayr once 5-0 at Scummerset. Aye history has Killie out way on top.  You mentioned almost 15 years but you failed to mention that when Ayr beat Killie in the section last year when Killie did get through that it was the first Ayr win over Killie for sixteen years. Back in your box.

*inhales sharply through teeth*

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

raw

Even with your entirely made up parameters you’ve had to resort to lying to get one over on your “diddy” neighbours. Deary me.

*inhales sharply through teeth*

Good to see you admit to being wrong. Facts though are there for all to see and facts don’t lie.

43 minutes ago, the west curve said:

You canny just change the timescale and type of match from my original post to make your club seem less shit :lol:.  Wee guys. 

Archived