(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

50 minutes ago, BC63 said:
2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
What is the story? Heard something about it being about a deaf fan or something but seemed a bit strange.

TALBOT have a deaf supporter who couldn't quite pronounce his words correctly. When the fans sang "We'll support you evermore" he sang eekapeekapukapo. This song has been getting sung since the 70s early 80s.

What a strange story. Assuming it’s meant to be inclusive but sounds like mocking a deaf supporters difficulty with speech.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a strange story. Assuming it’s meant to be inclusive but sounds like mocking a deaf supporters difficulty with speech.
Depends what way you want to look at it. Certainly not mocking him. We are singing with him.

2 minutes ago, BC63 said:
13 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Depends what way you want to look at it. Certainly not mocking him. We are singing with him.

Only in screwed up PC Britain in the 21st century could someone even THINK along those lines.

Back to the game, we beat Beith 3-0 without any real threat from Beith and were really comfortable throughout, we should perhaps have scored a few more (especially in the last 20 mins), however Grindlay had an excellent game and the Beith boys fought for everything.

I'd rate Talbot slightly above Beith, they also have quite a few of our former players in their ranks who'll be out to prove a point and I'd say that we are not playing quite so well as we were when we played Beith, however if we play our strongest or near strongest team and the guys are all fully applied then we "should" have too much for Talbot, however I'm expecting a good tough match whatever.

Only in screwed up PC Britain in the 21st century could someone even THINK along those lines.
Well not really.
It's not exactly a wild leap to ask the question was it taking the piss out of a guy, in the 70s, in Ayrshire junior football.
Absolutely nothing to do with PC.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Well not really.
It's not exactly a wild leap to ask the question was it taking the piss out of a guy, in the 70s, in Ayrshire junior football.
Absolutely nothing to do with PC.

Of course it is. If he'd been a Cumnock fan and he was being mocked etc, then Yes, maybe that would have been perceived as a bit sick, however as he was "one of their own" and obviously a much loved guy then I'd say it's 100% positive by the Talbot fans.

30 minutes ago, BC63 said:
41 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Fair enough, but you were also singing with him before you started mimicking his voice. Clearly the guy has no issue with it so no harm done, but I imagine if I did the same thing to a deaf family member they’d probably find it a bit offensive.

Fair enough, but you were also singing with him before you started mimicking his voice. Clearly the guy has no issue with it so no harm done, but I imagine if I did the same thing to a deaf family member they’d probably find it a bit offensive.
That's the snowflake generation for you.
Maybe if they found the reason for people doing it before them being offended and complaining they would have seen it as an utter compliment to them.

My opinion only

6 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Maybe if they found the reason for people doing it before them being offended and complaining they would have seen it as an utter compliment to them.

My opinion only

I’m not offended at all, just interested in the back story as it’s a bit unusual.

13 minutes ago, Talbot 1978 said:

My opinion only

100% agree with this.

I'm not getting at anyone here but it seems to be a society where people "need" to be offended to give them some sort of cause, maybe if these people started to worry about REAL issues, such as inequality, poverty, homelessness etc then the whole country would be a much better place.........

Not a chance.

Talbot are not as far off Ayr as you think. There's a different style of player in the juniors, but they can be v effective.

We need to be on it to win this comfortably.

The same is not true when comparing Clyde and Celtic.

You’ve just made a mockery of your own point. Celtic had to be on it to win comfortably against Clyde, they weren’t and got beat.

Clyde had some good players in that team and were regularly in the same position that Ayr find themselves in right now.

I suppose a good question would be - would you see beating Celtic today as a bigger upset than Talbot beating you?

14 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Heard that BBC radio was live from Talbot social club earlier I think mccall was on the panel 

...getting pished at social club prices like the old jakey that he is. 

Of course it is. If he'd been a Cumnock fan and he was being mocked etc, then Yes, maybe that would have been perceived as a bit sick, however as he was "one of their own" and obviously a much loved guy then I'd say it's 100% positive by the Talbot fans.
Nah see the point I was making was it wasn't a leap to ask the question in the first place. That has absolutely nothing to do with PC, if you can't tell the difference then I dunno.

1 hour ago, BC63 said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Just ignore the precious ones, how the f**k singing a song for 30 or 40 years can be seen as anything other than solidarity with said fan is beyond me.

Archived