(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

No arrogance from me I have no doubt how difficult a tie this is for Ayr. Talbot’s Manager has instilled a winning mentality and they seem to get results even when not the best team on the day.
Being at home and with Ayr’s form having shaded from earlier in the season they will feel they have a real chance - but McCall will know all this and I expect him to have us well prepared for the test.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There seems to be a lot of arrogance within Ayr Utd support 1 decent season in the last 30 years and Ayr fans are coming out with “5-0” and it will be easy stuff [emoji23][emoji23]

Not this pish again

It’s not arrogant to assume that we will win this comfortably. We beat Dundee Utd 5-0 ffs.

3 hours ago, MickCarter said:

There seems to be a lot of arrogance within Ayr Utd support 1 decent season in the last 30 years and Ayr fans are coming out with “5-0” and it will be easy stuff emoji23.pngemoji23.png

As a marker we played Beith in the last round who aren’t far away from you lot. Was a comfortable victory and would have scored more goals but for a sloped pitch. McGuffie who doesn’t always shine in the championship was skipping past players for fun 

3 hours ago, MickCarter said:

There seems to be a lot of arrogance within Ayr Utd support 1 decent season in the last 30 years and Ayr fans are coming out with “5-0” and it will be easy stuff emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Any team second top of the championship should be scudding a junior team. Same way Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Hibs should scud lower league teams. 

I expect a tough game .Talbot will be right up for it .definitely not too be taking lightly.would like too see mcguffie getting a start here see what he can do .as someone said earlier he was running rings round the beith players .would rather him just play football instead of trying all that fancy nonsence. Really looking forward too this one .we are expected too win this but it's the cup anything can happen .

10 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Any team second top of the championship should be scudding a junior team. Same way Rangers/Celtic/Hearts/Hibs should scud lower league teams. 

there are 3 or 4 tiers separating the sides and I think the fans of any team  could be forgiven for being reasonably confident in those circumstances.  The "wee" team in these affairs should always try to use it for motivation though!

It would be a massive thing for Talbot to come away from this game with a bit of credibility and respect after putting in a good performance so I suppose all the pre-match talk is just piss and wind when folk look back in years to come. 

20 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Ayr to win from behind - 7/1 with Skybet...

Had that on at 12/1 when we played Banks O' Dee a while back ;-)

Ahhh Banks O Dee bets... any excuse to relive this bad boy...

If we don't have any of the injured players back there's NO CHANCE i'll be backing a similar result for this tie....

Screenshot_2019-01-14-13-37-52.png

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Talbot fans - how many ex Ayr players are likely to be in the starting XI for the game?

Off the top of my head you could have Willie Lyle, David Waite, Gordon Pope, Craig McCracken, Mark Shankland, Gareth Armstrong. They also have a big Ayr fan in Neil McPherson.

Can see why Talbot have invested in frost covers to make sure the game goes ahead on Saturday, what loonies have come up with that date. FB_IMG_1547486098673.thumb.jpg.fe80f5b0f14fcb113800a87a248d050d.jpg

Diddie clubs without basic facilities like floodlights shouldn't be allowed in the Scottish cup. Who can go to a game on a Wednesday afternoon? Bet they won't even give refunds.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Off the top of my head you could have Willie Lyle, David Waite, Gordon Pope, Craig McCracken, Mark Shankland, Gareth Armstrong. They also have a big Ayr fan in Neil McPherson.

Lyle, Pope and Armstrong are almost certain starters. McCracken has been deputising for Ross Harvey who has recently had a knee operation so again is almost certain to start. Shankland is unlikely to start. Waite has no chance of starting

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Can see why Talbot have invested in frost covers to make sure the game goes ahead on Saturday, what loonies have come up with that date. FB_IMG_1547486098673.jpg

When else would you play it given that Auchinleck don't have floodlights?

Archived