(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Panda Pies said:
7 hours ago, the west curve said:
Talbot should be too good for Ayr so I don’t predict a shock.  3-1 to the bot.

Drinking so early on a Sunday?!?

It's puddles that he drinks from .as quoted from someone else on another forum .obssesed sad dkb

7 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:
15 hours ago, D said:

Read somewhere that BBC are showing a game but I’m not sure how true it is.

For me this is the tie of the round along with the Fife Derby.

The new TV deal kicks in for the cup as of January so BBC digital and Premier Sports will be covering games. I'd imagine it will be 3 live games between them.

So which "daddy" tie will be shown as we all know what the first two choices will be !

9 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

The new TV deal kicks in for the cup as of January so BBC digital and Premier Sports will be covering games. I'd imagine it will be 3 live games between them.

It's 2 each. However it's been suggested the 'extra' BBC tie per round - from R1 in future seasons - may be on new BBC Scotland digital channel: but it doesn't start till February, after R5, broadcasting 7pm-12midnight.

38 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's 2 each. However it's been suggested the 'extra' BBC tie per round - from R1 in future seasons - may be on new BBC Scotland digital channel: but it doesn't start till February, after R5, broadcasting 7pm-12midnight.

f**k that unless it's for replays. 

4 hours ago, Panda Pies said:
10 hours ago, the west curve said:
Talbot should be too good for Ayr so I don’t predict a shock.  3-1 to the bot.

Drinking so early on a Sunday?!?

One club has won double figures in national cups the other has never won any. One club has played consistently in their top league the other has hardly ever played in their top league. Two similar stadiums and around the same support so as I said no shocks here. Talbot as usual will win.

One club has won double figures in national cups the other has never won any. One club has played consistently in their top league the other has hardly ever played in their top league. Two similar stadiums and around the same support so as I said no shocks here. Talbot as usual will win.

When did Auchinleck win a national cup?

49 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

floodlights?

None.

49 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

f**k that unless it's for replays. 

It'll likely be a Friday night tie every round. They've already signed a deal to show a Championship game on Friday night every other week (plus a few extras) on this new digital channel:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6229327/SPFL-strike-700-000-deal-BBC-Championship-games.html

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

None.

It'll likely be a Friday night tie every round. They've already signed a deal to show a Championship game on Friday night every other week (plus a few extras) on this new digital channel:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6229327/SPFL-strike-700-000-deal-BBC-Championship-games.html

Shitebag for deleting part of my question in the quotes :P

Looking forward to this. It's many years since I've been to Auchinleck for a game. Last time was when a game at Somerset was called off and having travelled through from Edinburgh we were desperately casting around for a game that was on.

Again, I think it will be tough for a while but expect us to prevail. McCall is no mug and he won't underestimate Talbot. He's had enough success recruiting players from the Juniors for that.

Seems Talbot are getting it on here for not joining the Lowland League but folks need to recognise it's not that clear cut. Two years ago everybody was laughing at Kelty Hearts but now the East Juniors seem to have collapsed. Not everyone is a Kelty, though, with finances and facilities that would put many to shame.

For what it's worth, I think there will be a pyramid structure in the West in the next year or two. If there is, let's hope it works for the better of the game. I'd hate to see it end up killing the game in small communities across Ayrshire where dozens of volunteers keep the grass roots game alive.

Looking forward to this. It's many years since I've been to Auchinleck for a game. Last time was when a game at Somerset was called off and having travelled through from Edinburgh we were desperately casting around for a game that was on. Again, I think it will be tough for a while but expect us to prevail. McCall is no mug and he won't underestimate Talbot. He's had enough success recruiting players from the Juniors for that.

Seems Talbot are getting it on here for not joining the Lowland League but folks need to recognise it's not that clear cut. Two years ago everybody was laughing at Kelty Hearts but now the East Juniors seem to have collapsed. Not everyone is a Kelty, though, with finances and facilities that would put many to shame.

For what it's worth, I think there will be a pyramid structure in the West in the next year or two. If there is, let's hope it works for the better of the game. I'd hate to see it end up killing the game in small communities across Ayrshire where dozens of volunteers keep the grass roots game alive.

If you read the juniors forum you'll see that west teams in majority were never against progress. But to do it correctly, not based on a halfgashed idea from suits at Hampden.  

Uefa didn't even know about the juniors as the sfa conveniently never disclosed the anomaly in Scottish football to them. They got found our and tried to bring the LL in on the rush. F*cked it and placed blame west teams because of their reluctance.

Now its more clearer and apparent what's happening you'll see a more open approach.

1 hour ago, the west curve said:

You want to look at the history of the clubs a bit more closely. Ayr were consistently in the top flight until the late 70s. Talbot have well by winning the Junior Cup 12 times, but that Ayr United don't enter it so it's hardly comparable. As for your big team, they have won 8 national trophies to the Honest Men's 9. It's a similar argument.

You want to look at the history of the clubs a bit more closely. Ayr were consistently in the top flight until the late 70s. Talbot have well by winning the Junior Cup 12 times, but that Ayr United don't enter it so it's hardly comparable. As for your big team, they have won 8 national trophies to the Honest Men's 9. It's a similar argument.
Eh ? Wtf are you comparing lol

8 v 9 omfg[emoji23]

16 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Seems Talbot are getting it on here for not joining the Lowland League but folks need to recognise it's not that clear cut.

It was clear cut. Clubs like Talbot were desperate to be remain the big fish in a small pond. Don't blame them really. And their esteemed leader at the SJFA was, and is, desperate to keep his job. Doesn't help matters though. 

Archived