(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

31 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

I'm awaiting the "he was the worst player ever to play for us" from some Ayr fans on every ex-United man now at Talbot, a staple of higher league sides playing lower league ones in the cup. Certainly if the Beith thread is anything to go on...

Yep, Great tie but this thead will be seven weeks of pure fucking pish, sadly. 

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can confirm that Gordon Pope was one of the worst players I’ve seen play for Ayr.

I wouldn’t really class him as a footballer. Just someone who managed to convince Mark Roberts he could play.

Know much about Academy midfielder Stuart Faulds? Performing pretty well with us, and did very well at a lower level with Annbank last season. Guid young player.

2 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

Know much about Academy midfielder Stuart Faulds? Performing pretty well with us, and did very well at a lower level with Annbank last season. Guid young player.

Aye he played a couple of times last season and looked decent. He was one of 6 or 7 youngsters we gave professional contracts to last season when we went full time and I think we've let 2 of them go. One plays for Talbot in fact. 

Was going to impossible for Faulds to get a look in this season with the quality we've got in that position so I'm happy he's playing regularly somewhere. 

Will be class. Can't wait. Hopefully the novelty of playing a junior side hasn't worn off after Beith and Ayr bring plenty along. 

I wouldn’t have thought it much of a novelty playing a junior side. After all Talbot will be used to it!

9 minutes ago, energyzone said:
48 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
Alright [mention=58394]Quantum Leap[/mention] looking forward to getting pumped? 

Was he not banned from here? A couple of the Talbot posters disappeared for different reasons.

Such a shame!  

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

It'll be a couple of seasons since he was at Annbank. As well as playing for you guys, he's a regular for our reserves.

Does bt have a game?

This is the type of thing they might fancy.

Read somewhere that BBC are showing a game but I’m not sure how true it is.

For me this is the tie of the round along with the Fife Derby.

Read somewhere that BBC are showing a game but I’m not sure how true it is.

For me this is the tie of the round along with the Fife Derby.
The new TV deal kicks in for the cup as of January so BBC digital and Premier Sports will be covering games. I'd imagine it will be 3 live games between them.

Archived