(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Godric1970 said:

don't wanna say to much but Ayr United are a glorified Junior outfit ... Somerset park is akin to a junior ground , it's a well known fact Talbot, The 'Nock, The Medda and the Buffs are all better supported than Ayr   .... it's now official Ayr are Ayrshire's 3rd team

Don’t know if you’re trying to be funny but that’s complete nonsense. You could combine Cumnock, Buffs and our home crowds and it still wouldn’t beat an Ayr home gate.

5 hours ago, Godric1970 said:

the Truth is Junior clubs are well run and are a well oiled machine, you can't say the same for senior clubs , clubs like Talbot, The 'Nock, Medda, Glens, The Buffs etc don't need need senior status ... these games are far more important and bigger draws than playing the likes of Peterheid, Airdrie, Dunfermline etc .. the 5 junior clubs i mentioned have more cash than the clubs in league 1 & 2  ..... being originally fae Muirkirk i have the utmost respect for the Ayrshire juniors game 

Again, pish. Buffs are skint, can’t afford to upgrade their ground to a decent standard so are moving to a sports centre at the end of the season. We are only just getting back on our feet  after years of fianancial mismanagement. Don’t know about Glens or Nick but I doubt they’re swimming in cash.

4 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

The travelling expenses etc would kill ayrshire junior teams if they went up the pyramid, going to the likes of Elgin Annan peterhead etc, it's just not financially viable.

How can Elgin, Annan and Peterhead manage but the mighty Talbot couldn’t?

On 18/01/2019 at 18:54, rb123! said:

Must be a bit of doubt about the game tomorrow considering Cowdenbeath has got called off and they had covers down since Wednesday.

Hopefully the covers have done their job and fair play to Talbot for even having covers like that because I'm pretty sure we don't. Any ayr fans correct me if I'm wrong.

This thread is descending fast. Let’s get it back on line.  I hope Ayr go up and consolidate, two Ayrshire clubs in the top flight would be great.  Ayr and Killie are the two major towns in Ayrshire and should have prominent senior representation. Talbot are not a senior side, they are the ultimate community club totally run by volunteers and have something very special. They will not make the mistake of getting starry eyed and will maintain what they are. Ayr had the biggest away support seen at Beechwood since 1975 when Kilbirnie made up a crowd of over 5000. Great occasion on Saturday, any Ayr fans I spoke to were great. Good luck hope you go up and improve the squad. 

59 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

A lot of Ayr fans totally wrote off Talbot before the game and underestimated us.

Only on here, quite a few like myself were looking forward to the game with a bit of dread.

On 20/01/2019 at 16:30, happy said:

Revenge at Hearts would be pleasing.

I don't have a pic of Jim Jefferies but pleasing all the same.

Thanks to D'Jaffo for the thread and helping make this happen. 

Happy (as fcuk) :)

Archived