(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If it happens then Talbot will finally earn some respect from senior teams.

@callum-ayr

Disrespectful that post.It says more about you than senior teams opinion of Talbot, whatever they may be.

Draw isn't far away now.You watching ?

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, happy said:

Disrespectful that post.It says more about you than senior teams opinion of Talbot, whatever they may be.

Draw isn't far away now.You watching ?

I have no respect for Junior teams that think they deserve respect whilst rejecting the chance to actually test themselves in a proper league, preferring to stay as the big boys in the pub league. If Talbot finally grow some balls then my opinion will change.

At the same time I hope Talbot get a good draw, deserve it after the performance yesterday and they’re still an Ayrshire team.

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I have no respect for Junior teams that think they deserve respect whilst rejecting the chance to actually test themselves in a proper league, preferring to stay as the big boys in the pub league. If Talbot finally grow some balls then my opinion will change.

At the same time I hope Talbot get a good draw, deserve it after the performance yesterday and they’re still an Ayrshire team.

Thanks for clearing that up.It was your personal opinion and not that of all senior clubs in Scotland,cheers.

Ps.Revenge at Hearts would be pleasing.

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

My Mrs’ brother in law (a current bun btw) who went in the Talbot end yesterday is claiming they’d be a top end Championship side :shutup

His choice of team says it all really.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That's not really fair though, it's been a common sense commercial decision by most Ayrshire junior sides as why should they be travelling to the likes of Elgin and Annan each week when they could be playing the likes of local rivals with good supports and history within the game such as Ladeside, the Meadow, Cumnock, Pollok etc.

The likes of Ross County and their success story is all very well, however not everyone has a Roy McGregor sugar daddy or indeed a 1 team in a huge catchment area situation.

The Ayrshire juniors setup works and has done for over a century so why should they in any way feel embarrassed about it ??

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

There are many many non league senior teams that have no aspirations to play in the SPFL either. Why does it upset you so much?

20 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Considering some of the shite you came up with on the Beith thread, your seethe is pleasing. Given how predictable your posting is on junior matters, I'm half expecting you to tell me Stuart Faulds, now of Thistle, was Ayr's worst EVER defender...

You haven't forgot the majority of junior sides voted in favour of a pyramid?

3 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

I fail to see your point there. Can’t speak for Kilbirnie but our games have always been close affairs (apart from a couple of lessons in the Scottish cup)

I just plucked the 1st 2 teams that came to mind bar the obvious cumnock/Glenafton nothing against either team but surely playing the likes of Ayr,Raith,QOS is more appealing?

3 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Naw. It's now sitting with my other  'select videos' for when the missus is oot.   :thumsup2 

^^softcore version of a guid pumpin handed out by plumbers & electricians ^^

8 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

^^softcore version of a guid pumpin handed out by plumbers & electricians ^^

Nah, they're his good ladies property.

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

So where does that sit in the all time worst results in Ayr's history? 

At the moment, the worst. If it gives us the shake that we need, it might turn out to be one of our best results, I'll tell you better in a fortnight.

Archived