(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Berwick spanked you 5-1 at Shielfield in 1954, when we were still a non-league club (though there was less 'between' the clubs than today's game).

You lost 1-0 home to non-league Armadale in 1920, 4-2 at home to Inverness Caledonian in 1955 and 2-0 at Elgin in 1957: all when you were in the top level.

I suspect getting pasted 5-0 at home by Kilmarnock in 1938, 8-0 at Aberdeen in 1947, 8-3 at Clyde in 1953, 7-0 at Dunfermline in 1964 and 7-1 at Partick in 1965 also stung. I appreciate it was at the end of a great run but you can't look much past getting humped 7-0 by Rangers at Hampden in the Semi-Final in 2000 for embarrassment, too?

So I doubt today will necessarily be considered the most embarrassing Ayr result ever anyway.

Oh it is...It really is

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only crumb of comfort from yesterday's events that I can find, is that we have provided Scottish football with the opportunity a laugh and ridicule Ayr.

Batter on we deserve everything that has come our way.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So was it not sold out?

I've no idea but it will never feel rammed if you're only letting in 3/4 of what it can accommodate.

1 hour ago, happy said:

"If we get beat today we might as well chuck it." Itzdrk.

If Ayr had won today you would have been all over this thread like a rash. Disrespecting posters and giving it the "junior thicko"crap.

No,you didn't have a bad dream.You did go to Auchinleck and your team did get booted out of the Scottish by a part time outfit,with about half a dozen ex Ayr players deemed not good enough to keep at Ayr. Who is laughing now? :)

Junior thicko. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Junior thicko. 

Sobered up yet Derek or were you parading around Auchinleck with a Talbot scarf on last night, must have been easy scoring up there last night.

I've no idea but it will never feel rammed if you're only letting in 3/4 of what it can accommodate.
Ok. Twice you've misunderstood my question. I fully understand the concept of physics, and that a relationships exists between the number of people in a place, and how full said place feels.

I'm trying to find out what the ticketing situation was? Did Ayr have unsold tickets? Did Talbot? Was the 2000 each figure not true?

Ok. Twice you've misunderstood my question. I fully understand the concept of physics, and that a relationships exists between the number of people in a place, and how full said place feels.

I'm trying to find out what the ticketing situation was? Did Ayr have unsold tickets? Did Talbot? Was the 2000 each figure not true?

1700 Talbot
1400 Ayr United

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Talbot sold their allocation of 1700 weeks ago, I've no idea if we sold our 1400 allocation but we were close to it earlier on in the week.

What are you on about? Did you actually read the post?
Pope did stroll it, as did the rest of the Talbot team. It’s a one off game, in which Talbot were much better than Ayr, but that doesn’t suddenly mean Pope is a competent footballer at professional level - he’s not, he was one of the poorest players in one of the worst Ayr squads in the club’s history.
Read my post I said Talbot never let you play and if you honestly think any of your team are competent professional footballers then you are deluded

Talbot sold their allocation of 1700 weeks ago, I've no idea if we sold our 1400 allocation but we were close to it earlier on in the week.
Cheers.

I mistakenly thought it was 2000 each.

I'm considering watching the BBC recording back. Does that count as self harm?

2 minutes ago, Smudger said:
30 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Pope did stroll it, as did the rest of the Talbot team. It’s a one off game, in which Talbot were much better than Ayr, but that doesn’t suddenly mean Pope is a competent footballer at professional level - he’s not, he was one of the poorest players in one of the worst Ayr squads in the club’s history.

Read my post I said Talbot never let you play and if you honestly think any of your team are competent professional footballers then you are deluded

You're correct to a point but our kitman quite obviously left the big boy pants at Somerset, I'm fat and 52 and I could have defended a lot of that game, all they had to do was shuffle about in front of Crawford and McDaid and both just passed backwards or sideways, your players took chances and thoroughly deserved the victory.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Behaviour that may lead to you being sectioned. Don't do it. It will only lead to more pain

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Cheers.

Call me,al bring some cans.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Cheers.

1 minute ago, happy said:

You sticking around for the 5th.round draw? Senior full a pish thicko. 

That would be fun, unless I'm mistaken both sides would have received the same number in the draw, I'm hearing Jim Bowen already.

Auchinleck Talbot are a cup tie animal, this has been coming as each time they have played top level teams they have been unlucky. Got the breaks yesterday for a deserved win. Ayr are a great club, but the fact that they stormed off without coming in to the club for customary refreshments does not look good. Cove did the same, would never happen at Junior level. Ayr fans I spoke to after game were fantastic.  Their club should learn from them. 

52 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

To be so scathing about a player who was outstanding is utterly cringeworthy. Pope has been outstanding all season. Perhaps the set up and surroundings not to,mention team mates, suits him better. It is not the first time a player can be rejuvenated on change of club.  

Archived