(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

8 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I appreciate Ayr fans don’t have a high opinion of Pope but remember when he was there Ayr were part time. Do you guys think Harvie is any better, and remember he is an actual professional footballer. Harvie is the worst left back I have seen at Beechwood this season.

On another note do Ayr fans feel that the fact you came through easily against Beith in the last round meant that there was some complacency today as it was “just” another Junior team

I've been respectful to Talbot all through the thread, unfortunately in expressing my displeasure at our performance I'm required to use cold hard facts that Talbot fans might not appreciate.

Harvie and some of the others have been playing poorly for a wee while now, he was also playing in our team when it was better than anything else in the championship.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, itzdrk said:

"What was the previous most embarrassing result in our history?  

"If we get beat today we might as well chuck it." Itzdrk.

If Ayr had won today you would have been all over this thread like a rash. Disrespecting posters and giving it the "junior thicko"crap.

No,you didn't have a bad dream.You did go to Auchinleck and your team did get booted out of the Scottish by a part time outfit,with about half a dozen ex Ayr players deemed not good enough to keep at Ayr. Who is laughing now? :)

8 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I appreciate Ayr fans don’t have a high opinion of Pope but remember when he was there Ayr were part time. Do you guys think Harvie is any better, and remember he is an actual professional footballer. Harvie is the worst left back I have seen at Beechwood this season.

On another note do Ayr fans feel that the fact you came through easily against Beith in the last round meant that there was some complacency today as it was “just” another Junior team

Pope was so bad for Ayr I started to feel sorry for him. Every week he was getting roasted by dreadful League 1 wingers. Harvie was shite yesterday but he’s miles better.

The fact we caused Lyle and Pope no issues and were dominated in a midfield with Gareth Armstrong is absolutely shocking. Talbot played very well, but the result was down to how fucking awful Ayr were rather than Talbot players actually being better players, and I think you know that.

Pope was so bad for Ayr I started to feel sorry for him. Every week he was getting roasted by dreadful League 1 wingers. Harvie was shite yesterday but he’s miles better.
The fact we caused Lyle and Pope no issues and were dominated in a midfield with Gareth Armstrong is absolutely shocking. Talbot played very well, but the result was down to how fucking awful Ayr were rather than Talbot players actually being better players, and I think you know that.
Ayr have been playing like that for weeks. It wasn't some one off catastrophe.

13 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The worrying thing about that post is that various people have said Doc and/or Murdoch were OK, wee Gareth's grandpa would be disowning him today if he was still with us.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I thought both clubs sold out their tickets? It wasn't as packed as I expected.

That's what happens if a ground takes 4000 and only has 3100 in it.

Just now, ayrmad said:

That's what happens if a ground takes 4000 and only has 3100 in it.

I thought that was because of the space taken up by the BBC cameras and the studio? 

There were spaces in the stand but I just assumed some with stand tickets opted to stand.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I thought that was because of the space taken up by the BBC cameras and the studio? 

There were spaces in the stand but I just assumed some with stand tickets opted to stand.

If Somerset was all ticket tomorrow it wouldn't be rammed as it can hold far more than the safety chiefs allow.

You are joking Pope strolled that game yesterday. The back 4 was outstanding yesterday. Love it when teams supporters say their team was shite. Truth is Talbot never let yous play

12 minutes ago, Smudger said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You are joking Pope strolled that game yesterday. The back 4 was outstanding yesterday. Love it when teams supporters say their team was shite. Truth is Talbot never let yous play

What are you on about? Did you actually read the post?

Pope did stroll it, as did the rest of the Talbot team. It’s a one off game, in which Talbot were much better than Ayr, but that doesn’t suddenly mean Pope is a competent footballer at professional level - he’s not, he was one of the poorest players in one of the worst Ayr squads in the club’s history.

Hopefully we absolutely embarrass this gang today.  A win would do but firmly putting them in their place is what I'm looking for.  
Spoiler If somehow we don't win then we might as well just pack it in. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Archived