(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ftk said:

Auchinleck gave us a far harder game than killie last season. Let's hope it's another Ayrshire derby next round. #ftk

Fuckin right. The two most successful teams in A*rshire playing each other would be a great spectacle.

You lot found your true level today.

WFAANW.

Fuckin right. The two most successful teams in A*rshire playing each other would be a great spectacle.

WFAANW.

Diddy cups and nineteen canteen cups [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] NWANW

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What was the previous most embarrassing result in our history?  

Ayr 1 Berwick 4 going on 12, MOM Willie Lamont? with numerous 1 on 1 saves to spare our blushes, guy didn't even get a contract from us.

20 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

WFAANW.

Are you 12?

9 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Ayr 1 Berwick 4 going on 12, MOM Willie Lamont? with numerous 1 on 1 saves to spare our blushes, guy didn't even get a contract from us.

A particular 4-0 defeat at home to Cowdenbeath in the post-Barr years sticks in the memory too.

Just now, eez-eh said:

Are you 12?

A particular 4-0 defeat at home to Cowdenbeath in the post-Barr years sticks in the memory too.

It was the manner of the defeat against Berwick(pumping doesn't cover it), that might have been the match Simple Simon decided to slaughter all the players by name in the papers.

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

What was the previous most embarrassing result in our history?  

Berwick spanked you 5-1 at Shielfield in 1954, when we were still a non-league club (though there was less 'between' the clubs than today's game).

You lost 1-0 home to non-league Armadale in 1920, 4-2 at home to Inverness Caledonian in 1955 and 2-0 at Elgin in 1957: all when you were in the top level.

I suspect getting pasted 5-0 at home by Kilmarnock in 1938, 8-0 at Aberdeen in 1947, 8-3 at Clyde in 1953, 7-0 at Dunfermline in 1964 and 7-1 at Partick in 1965 also stung. I appreciate it was at the end of a great run but you can't look much past getting humped 7-0 by Rangers at Hampden in the Semi-Final in 2000 for embarrassment, too?

So I doubt today will necessarily be considered the most embarrassing Ayr result ever anyway.

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Berwick spanked you 5-1 at Shielfield in 1954, when we were still a non-league club (though there was less 'between' the clubs than today's game).

You lost 1-0 home to non-league Armadale in 1920, 4-2 at home to Inverness Caledonian in 1955 and 2-0 at Elgin in 1957: all when you were in the top level.

I suspect getting pasted 5-0 at home by Kilmarnock in 1938, 8-0 at Aberdeen in 1947, 8-3 at Clyde in 1953, 7-0 at Dunfermline in 1964 and 7-1 at Partick in 1965 also stung. I appreciate it was at the end of a great run but you can't look much past getting humped 7-0 by Rangers at Hampden in the Semi-Final in 2000 for embarrassment, too?

So I doubt today will necessarily be considered the most embarrassing Ayr result ever anyway.

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

I can assure that it will, we lost to a team rammed with players that weren't good enough for us when we were worse than shite, ffs Lyle and Pope at the back and we caused them next to no problems.

48 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I can assure that it will, we lost to a team rammed with players that weren't good enough for us when we were worse than shite, ffs Lyle and Pope at the back and we caused them next to no problems.

I appreciate Ayr fans don’t have a high opinion of Pope but remember when he was there Ayr were part time. Do you guys think Harvie is any better, and remember he is an actual professional footballer. Harvie is the worst left back I have seen at Beechwood this season.

On another note do Ayr fans feel that the fact you came through easily against Beith in the last round meant that there was some complacency today as it was “just” another Junior team

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

It really is that bad when Manuel pascali is taking the piss out of us.dkb

Tbf... Any player who has more national cup winners medals then Ayr has in its entire history......  can do what they want

#OneforColin

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Oaft steady on @HibeeJibee...... their arse is hurting enough tonight without you slipping them a dry length via the history books :lol:

Nothing like kicking them when they’re down eh Hibee!! But funny as hell though.

Archived