(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Starting to see a few of these results over recent years... off the top of my head Spartans 2-1 Morton, Dumbarton 0-1 Bonnyrigg and now Auchinleck 1-0 Ayr.

Bit of complacency from the Championship teams, or the supposed gulf between full-time and non-league not as big as many assume?

Starting to see a few of these results over recent years... off the top of my head Spartans 2-1 Morton, Dumbarton 0-1 Bonnyrigg and now Auchinleck 1-0 Ayr.

Bit of complacency from the Championship teams, or the supposed gulf between full-time and non-league not as big as many assume?
Complacency/the smaller sides performing better on the day. It's not a reflection on the division IMO. All 3 of those teams would finish bottom of the Championship.

Yep, there was 2 part time sides who got horsed 4-0 by Championship sides today.  It's all about preparing right and playing to your ability.  The gulf in quality should show if you have that right on the day.

Edit -  Premiership Hibs doing the same to Elgin too.  9 times out of 10 the full time side will win comfortably.

46 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Dumbarton are part time they also had a lot of loan players I think who couldn't play in that game so would have had a weaker side than they would have had in the league. Get your general drift though.

McCall on sportsound said Talbot would be at least League Two class, maybe even League one. Talked them up quite a bit. Maybe mind games as it was live on the radio broadcasted from their social club.

Ayr players looked far too complacent. McDaid and Crawford were posers today. Looked the part but got rag dolled by hungrier opponents.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Well that was quite predictable.

Not according to most of your fans pre match, they were predicting a stroll in the (Beechwood) park.......

Thou, surely, they were referring to The Bot.

Not according to most of your fans pre match, they were predicting a stroll in the (Beechwood) park.......
Thou, surely, they were referring to The Bot.
Anyone paying attention since November will not have been shocked today.

Ayr were rightfully favourites but the odds difference was ridiculously generous.

Archived