(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCall confirming on that panel show tonight that both Liam Smith and Lawrence Shankland are fit for Saturday. Personally I’d start Shankland on the bench and only bring him on if we’re losing/drawing around the 60th minute. 

I’d start: 

Doohan

Smith  Higgins Rose Harvie

Geggan Murdoch  Docherty McDaid 

Moffat Moore

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Bell, Crawford, Hilton, McGuffie, Shankland 

Did anyone listen to the show tonight or was anyone there?

Thought it was ok, maybe a bit cringey at times especially with Chick Young being caught out with the origins of the Talbot song.

Pleasing that McCall announced Shankland and Smith are fit and available to play however I wouldn’t be using Lawrence unless absolutely necessary.

Auchinleck beating ayr would be so much bigger than Clyde win against Celtic. As Clyde have prob beat Celtic quite a few times and as I remember were usually challenging in the old 1st division .where as Talbot and ayr have never met due to Talbot being a junior team .If Talbot beat hearts couple seasons ago then that would be the biggest cup upset  .and would take some beating.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thought it was ok, maybe a bit cringey at times especially with Chick Young being caught out with the origins of the Talbot song.

Pleasing that McCall announced Shankland and Smith are fit and available to play however I wouldn’t be using Lawrence unless absolutely necessary.

What is the story? Heard something about it being about a deaf fan or something but seemed a bit strange.

Auchinleck beating ayr would be so much bigger than Clyde win against Celtic. As Clyde have prob beat Celtic quite a few times and as I remember were usually challenging in the old 1st division .where as Talbot and ayr have never met due to Talbot being a junior team .If Talbot beat hearts couple seasons ago then that would be the biggest cup upset  .and would take some beating.
Not a chance.

Talbot are not as far off Ayr as you think. There's a different style of player in the juniors, but they can be v effective.

We need to be on it to win this comfortably.

The same is not true when comparing Clyde and Celtic.

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really enjoyed MCCALL saying his great Scottish cup memory was actually watching Queen of the South drawing with Ayr then Beating them in replay at Palmerston. 

36 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Not a chance.

Talbot are not as far off Ayr as you think. There's a different style of player in the juniors, but they can be v effective.

We need to be on it to win this comfortably.

The same is not true when comparing Clyde and Celtic.

Sorry

What is the story? Heard something about it being about a deaf fan or something but seemed a bit strange.
TALBOT have a deaf supporter who couldn't quite pronounce his words correctly. When the fans sang "We'll support you evermore" he sang eekapeekapukapo. This song has been getting sung since the 70s early 80s.

Archived