(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

23 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Getting the train via Killie then doing all three pubs in the metropolis after the game. Curious about the place they call the "mad hoose".

Madhoose is fine we popped in for beer after coming off the train back from Gretna and the Raydale cup

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr fans thinking this will be like the Beith game are deluded, Talbot at Beechwood will be no Beith, they've better players, fitter players, better organised, better manager and a big vocal support, if we go with the same team as Inverness we're in bother, that said the return of Murdoch will make a huge difference, if fit Shankland must play because on a small pitch with a defence sitting deep Moore will do nothing, Talbot have a great chance considering our recent poor form. 

A lot of Ayr fans I know seem to think that we will stick at least five past Talbot.

I don't think we will hammer Talbot. They have consistently been one of the best sides at their level and have given a good account of themselves against Senior sides in past Scottish Cups. They have nothing to lose and will be hardworking, organised and very eager to progress in the cup with the chance of drawing another big tie in the next round, plus they will look at our performances in the last few games and think that they have a great chance at an upset. I hope we're not taking this game lightly or we could be in bother.

6 hours ago, davie talbot said:

Shouldn't matter how many injuries ayr have .ayr should still be winning this tie with a bit to spare but then again it's cup football you just never no

We SHOULD win, yes. However, given our recent form, I would not be massively surprised if it went to a replay.

3 hours ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

A lot of Ayr fans I know seem to think that we will stick at least five past Talbot.

I don't think we will hammer Talbot. They have consistently been one of the best sides at their level and have given a good account of themselves against Senior sides in past Scottish Cups. They have nothing to lose and will be hardworking, organised and very eager to progress in the cup with the chance of drawing another big tie in the next round, plus they will look at our performances in the last few games and think that they have a great chance at an upset. I hope we're not taking this game lightly or we could be in bother.

We SHOULD win, yes. However, given our recent form, I would not be massively surprised if it went to a replay.

I’m sure Iain McCall will not be taking anything for granted. He will know that this will be a different test from Beith. The beauty of football is that anything can happen. When it’s all settled let’s hope we’re talking about a belter of a cup tie befitting Scottish Junior’s most iconic club with one of Ayrshire true senior sides. I can’t see this being anything other than close but frenetic, hopefully punctuated with some brilliance. Good luck to both teams I hope both equip themselves well and that the best team on the day wins. 

13 minutes ago, Bella La ghostie said:

I’m sure Iain McCall will not be taking anything for granted. He will know that this will be a different test from Beith. The beauty of football is that anything can happen. When it’s all settled let’s hope we’re talking about a belter of a cup tie befitting Scottish Junior’s most iconic club with one of Ayrshire true senior sides. I can’t see this being anything other than close but frenetic, hopefully punctuated with some brilliance. Good luck to both teams I hope both equip themselves well and that the best team on the day wins. 

I think we will labour to a win by one or two goals, hopefully it's an enjoyable match.

I have friends who are Talbot fans and I went to school in Auchinleck so wish them well for the season, just not against us!

In 2012 when Hearts beat us in the 4th. round I wished them all the best and that I hope they go on and lift the cup.

The same will be said on Saturday should Ayr win.

Not that I actually think that will happen,.......for the first time ever..!!!!!!!!!!    :)

So it would be fair to say,Talbot have the same chance of beating Ayr (for the first time ever) as Ayr have of winning the thing.

We at Auchinleck have nothing to loose on Saturday.For us it really is all about taking part in the cup at this stage.

I hope you all enjoy your day out at the game.:)   Eeka peeka.

Archived