(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

When else would you play it given that Auchinleck don't have floodlights?

The following Saturday as would have happened in an earlier round?

Can't play it the Saturday afterwards as Ayr host Dundee United on the Friday night and BT Sport won't want that cancelled. Maybe Saturday 2nd but that's just a week before the fifth round.

All of the other ties' replays/postponements are being played midweek. Hire in some floodlights or switch it to Somerset Park if you don't want it on a Wednesday afternoon...

Not a dig at Talbot, but surely floodlights should be a requirement at this stage. It’s ridiculous that a game would have to be played at 1pm on a Wednesday. Similarly if we we were at home in the first leg and it went to a replay, it would have to be an afternoon during the week.

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Not a dig at Talbot, but surely floodlights should be a requirement at this stage. It’s ridiculous that a game would have to be played at 1pm on a Wednesday. Similarly if we we were at home in the first leg and it went to a replay, it would have to be an afternoon during the week.

great point

Why are you guys surprised by this. it has always been this way. Beith played Airdrie on a midweek afternoon and yourselfs played Lochee on a  midweek afternoon.

Talbot's covers are going down on Wednesday morning and are meant to protect surfaces whem temperatures are as low as -8

Why are you guys surprised by this. it has always been this way. Beith played Airdrie on a midweek afternoon and yourselfs played Lochee on a  midweek afternoon.
Talbot's covers are going down on Wednesday morning and are meant to protect surfaces whem temperatures are as low as -8

I’m in no way surprised by the incompetence shown by the authorities but it’s still a bit of a shambles.

23 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Is the 43 the only bus service between ayr and auchinleck?

Assuming you’re not an over 60s bus card holder, you’re as well getting a supporters bus. Probably cheaper and no hanging about after the game.

5 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The Lochee game was postponed IIRC correctly six times. Even when it was played it was like Bambi on Ice and should have been called off again. Entirely different set of circumstances. I think the Beith game was called off multiple times too, although I'll happily be corrected on that one if I'm wrong.

Big question is, will all the Talbot players be able to get a day off work?

FWIW i think we'll be fine for Saturday

3 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Getting the train via Killie then doing all three pubs in the metropolis after the game. Curious about the place they call the "mad hoose".

The Mad Hoose (Market Inn) is fine. Kyle runs a good pub. Usually free jukebox and pool table at weekends.

There's an indoor bowling club with a bar too, across from Freddie Williams bookies. Snacks available.

9 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Getting the train via Killie then doing all three pubs in the metropolis after the game. Curious about the place they call the "mad hoose".

I visited one three or four years ago before a Cumnock game. As nobody knew us most of the locals started screaming Cumnock b*****ds and were looking for an opportunity to kick off. After they heard our accents ordering a pint  it all went quiet again and we played pool in peace  

Archived