(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:
11 hours ago, rb123! said:
Something been mentioned that we're getting 1,200 tickets, imo we'll never take that amount considering we only took 800 to Beith.

I said the same, Ayr don't have a big support considering the size of the town.

No one in the West of Scotland does*

Only if we compare them to the Old Firm tho'. If ye look at the % of population that goes to games across Scotland/UK/Europe we're mostly sitting at what would be expected

In all honesty, I couldn't give the slightest whiff of a shite about the Auchinleck game at the moment, we've 5 games before then that are far far far more important to Ayr.

24 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

In all honesty, I couldn't give the slightest whiff of a shite about the Auchinleck game at the moment, we've 5 games before then that are far far far more important to Ayr.

Don’t think it’s mutually exclusive to care about our huge upcoming leagues games whilst still looking forward to a good day out at a local junior team. 

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Or maybe when the health and safety checks were carried out they determined that 3100 was the maximum amount. I’m willing to bet the guys that do these things are better placed to judge how many fans can be housed inside a stadium.

When did Talbot last have a crowd of 4000 anyway?

No doubt, but that still doesn’t explain why stadiums like Cove and Annan, that have almost no terrace and are flat except for modest covered areas,  can have almost the same capacity. Anyway apparently the BBC scaffolding etc has had something to do with it. 

Your right, hope you go up, and Talbot won the double, both Scottish Cups. 
I'd take that but I think each of us achieving our main target is more realistic.

On 13/12/2018 at 17:33, ayrmad said:
On 13/12/2018 at 16:32, Bella La ghostie said:
Your right, hope you go up, and Talbot won the double, both Scottish Cups. 

I'd take that but I think each of us achieving our main target is more realistic.

OK, Ayr go up, Talbot prioritise the big Scottish., win it with a penalty decider to pip Celtic and deny them a treble treble, that is what one would describe as romance! 

On 12/12/2018 at 22:22, D'Jaffo said:

Or maybe when the health and safety checks were carried out they determined that 3100 was the maximum amount. I’m willing to bet the guys that do these things are better placed to judge how many fans can be housed inside a stadium.

When did Talbot last have a crowd of 4000 anyway?

Last recent-ish big crowd at Beechwood I can think of was around 2500-2800 in the last eight of the junior cup, v Cumnock, in 2008 (there was 3600 in the first match at Townhead Park). There was just under 3000, again v Nock, in 1995. 

You'd probably need to go into the early 1990s/1980s for 4000. I'm sure someone fae Bot could enlighten me... Oh and I'm back now, I've calmed the hell down after my posts in the other thread.

How did you come by these attendancies? 
Last recent-ish big crowd at Beechwood I can think of was around 2500-2800 in the last eight of the junior cup, v Cumnock, in 2008 (there was 3600 in the first match at Townhead Park). There was just under 3000, again v Nock, in 1995. 
You'd probably need to go into the early 1990s/1980s for 4000. I'm sure someone fae Bot could enlighten me... Oh and I'm back now, I've calmed the hell down after my posts in the other thread.
Attendance wise I would say that's about right.

On 17/12/2018 at 16:36, Sunrise said:

Where did you get this information? 

On 12/18/2018 at 16:38, Ayr145 said:

1 hour ago, Bella La ghostie said:

Got the 1995 crowd from their programme v us that season. The 2008 crowds were more of an estimate but can recall such numbers from the time - the crowd at Cumnock was confirmed.

On 12/18/2018 at 16:38, Ayr145 said:

1 hour ago, Bella La ghostie said:

90s matches - perhaps the 2900 crowd one in 1994/95? - not showing much room for movement at Beechwood.

talbotcumnock90s1.jpg

talbotcumnock90s2.jpg

Christ I hope the pitch has improved since then
The park has improved 100% since those days. They used community donations, fund-raising and cash from trophy wins and put it back into regeneration and drainage of the whole park.

Is one of the best junior playing surfaces in the game. Possibly better than some senior outfits.

Archived