(Another) Ayrshire Derby - Auchinleck vs Ayr

D'Jaffo

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nowadays, Ayr is one of the worst high Streets I've seen. Sadly a shell of what was an excellent day out.

South Ayrshire Council pricing out small retail businesses
Only a yokel would describe Ayr High Street as "an excellent day out".

12 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

Maybe nowadays but Ayr was actually a decent place to go to in the 70's and 80's
Unfortunately its giving Cumbernauld a run for its money in the carbunkle towns competition.

The Carbuncle awards are more about architecture , which in Cumbernauld Town Centre is awful. A lot of the buildings in Ayr are lot more pleasant on the eye.

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

BBC stuff may have an impact in reducing capacity.

Perhaps, but Beechwood has very solid fairly big terrace alround plus a 500 seated stand. Cove have a similar  stand but almost no terrace and have a 2600 capacity. Wouldn’t like to be in there with any more than 1000. 4000 for the Talbot Ayr game would have been fine. Inconsistency if you ask me. 

Perhaps, but Beechwood has very solid fairly big terrace alround plus a 500 seated stand. Cove have a similar  stand but almost no terrace and have a 2600 capacity. Wouldn’t like to be in there with any more than 1000. 4000 for the Talbot Ayr game would have been fine. Inconsistency if you ask me. 

Or maybe when the health and safety checks were carried out they determined that 3100 was the maximum amount. I’m willing to bet the guys that do these things are better placed to judge how many fans can be housed inside a stadium.

When did Talbot last have a crowd of 4000 anyway?

Archived