Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw

Connor7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless it's one of the bigots or maybe Hearts, Hibs or Aberdeen depending on their form, absolutely no circumstances exist that'll see tv companies lower themselves to actually choose a Saints game to show live. 

13 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

I doubt the Celtic game is a TV one.

Is it much different to Rangers v Elgin that Sky showed a few years ago, or Rangers v Morton in R5 last year; or Rangers v Dunfermline and Rangers v Raith that BBC showed a couple of years ago? If anything PremierSports will potentially be even more focused on whichever ties simply generate most subscribers. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see it selected. In the only season they actually used their Challenge Cup rights they showed Celtic 'B' 3 rounds running!

31 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

St. Johnstone v Hamilton would be a shite game for tv. Get the Ayrshire derby on instead.

I'd be disgusted if our game was televised.

Decent draw for progression, that's it.

37 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Is it much different to Rangers v Elgin that Sky showed a few years ago, or Rangers v Morton in R5 last year; or Rangers v Dunfermline and Rangers v Raith that BBC showed a couple of years ago? If anything PremierSports will potentially be even more focused on whichever ties simply generate most subscribers. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see it selected. In the only season they actually used their Challenge Cup rights they showed Celtic 'B' 3 rounds running!

With the exception of the Rangers-Morton game last season, I think the others featuring them were when they were in the lower leagues. TV channels were filling their boots with them, particularly the BBC in the cup.

Celtic at home to Airdrie isn't springing any surprises. For me, I would rather watch a cup game on TV where there is the potential of an upset. If that includes a derby element then all the better. 

The BBC and BT  give the lower league teams  better coverage in the English FA Cup. I don't see why the BBC and Sky can't do the same here. Particularly in the early rounds.

Didn't know PremierSports were starting this season/didn't know they'd be showing four games as of this season.

No excuses for not getting a decent diddy game like one of the derbies, then.

23 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Surely the Cowdenbeath game will get shifted to the now vacant on the day East End Park???

We played them twice at Central Park in the Championship a few seasons back so can't see why the police would insist on us moving.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

We played them twice at Central Park in the Championship a few seasons back so can't see why the police would insist on us moving.

Aye but you will now be playing Stevie G's all conquering team of superstars and not some run of the mill Championship rabble. They will demand at least 50,000 tickets, can see this being moved to the Camp Nou IMO.

Archived