Scottish Cup 4th Round Draw

Connor7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

Why do you NOT disagree with Cowdenbeath v Rangers being on tv?
Horror game, basically top v bottom of SPFL, car crash viewing..

It wasn't a draw filled with *obvious* TV games. There's an Old Firm side away from home at a lower league club, which is very easy to promote with the idea that there's a microscopic chance of the biggest upset in decades.

If I was making the decision then that would be my first pick as it's so obvious. I'd really struggle after that though; as a neutral, there's no other game that interests me to the point I'd want to watch on TV.

4 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Hadn’t even entered my head that this would be a possibility (even with the approach the TV companies usually take). Surely not?

Tbf it's a different dynamic now... with 2 games on PremierSports - whose priority is presumably whichever ties generate most subscription or match package buys - and 2 on BBC, potentially including their new digital channel.

16 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tbf it's a different dynamic now... with 2 games on PremierSports - whose priority is presumably whichever ties generate most subscription or match package buys - and 2 on BBC, potentially including their new digital channel.

My mistake. I thought the deal started next year. Obviously not. Expect some stupid kick off time for this now then. 

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

It wasn't a draw filled with *obvious* TV games. There's an Old Firm side away from home at a lower league club, which is very easy to promote with the idea that there's a microscopic chance of the biggest upset in decades.

If I was making the decision then that would be my first pick as it's so obvious. I'd really struggle after that though; as a neutral, there's no other game that interests me to the point I'd want to watch on TV.

I'd be happy to watch the Ayrshire or Fife derbies, or at least happier than watching Cowdenbeath v Rangers. Sadly Celtic v Airdrie will also get on despite being guaranteed to be utterly dismal.

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

So these TV games... when they going to be announced? I know this gets asked after every cup draw but we normally aren't likely to be given one so I ignore the answer

Last year they announced the games on the 8th of December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42285735

• 1 month later...

Archived